PDA

View Full Version : everybody Please I need HELP ASAP!!!

lostduck80
11/06/2005, 12:37 AM
These things came up over night and they are now everywhere I say not hundreds but hundreds thousands and even millions of them.

I have no idea what they are please lookat the the pics and tell me if they are harmfull to my tank... help me, they are alive and when touched they move.

They are now all over the rocks and everything, and there seems to be more of the red and white hairy worms as well, what are they and are they dangerous HOW can i get ride of them!!! please help

click on the picture for closer look.

http://www.nano-reef.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=16945

http://www.nano-reef.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=16946

Codeman00
11/06/2005, 12:39 AM
Charley told me that I had these and they were flatworms....

lostduck80
11/06/2005, 12:43 AM
if they are flat worms are they dangerous, how do i get ride of them, where did they come from? I saw them over night and now millions everywhere.

simon.007
11/06/2005, 12:48 AM
Use flatworm exit.

bshumake
11/06/2005, 05:42 AM
Yep, flatworms. Those are the same kind i had. I believe that their the fairly harmless kind. Harmeless in that they don't eat coral but will kill your tank if they all die off. Heres what you need to do. Suction out as many as you can see. Getting them all off the glass like this is the easiest. That should remove a great deal of them. Next either treat with flatworm exit, or get a couple of velvet sea slugs like Willem did. Their reallt pretty and will eat the rest of the flatworms.

Rendos
11/06/2005, 09:35 AM
Salifert flatworm exit.

Be sure to have carbon handy, and new saltwater made up for a 25% water change. Also...it may take more than one treatment to get rid of them all.

Rendos
11/06/2005, 09:35 AM
In my experience...they are pretty easy to control/get rid of.

lostduck80
11/06/2005, 11:06 PM
thanks alot guys, i was really scared for a minute their, i'll just slowly get ride of them so they won't harm the tank.
BUT where did they come from It seems to be overnight, and them thousands.

nam2212
11/07/2005, 12:38 AM
Have you added a frag lately? I had some of the clear flatworms, but the usually disappear after a while. I am pretty sure they came in on a Hydno frag. Mine seem to be gone now.

bshumake
11/07/2005, 05:28 AM
I second nick on the frag addition. Thats how I got them. Now I'm in no way knocking Craig at Reef Down Under but the ones I got came from a frag I got there. He showed them to me and told me to check it real good before I put it in. All it takes is one little bugger and you got em. The ones I got were harmless (non coral eaters) so I just Salifert'ed them. I actuallykind of liket getting them. Their pretty interesting to watch. And to back Richard, suction out as many as you can see (normally the ones on the glass) and Salifert the rest of them. Your golden after that. And If you haven't been there yet go to Reef Down Under. Craig's got some gorgeous corals there. I'd treat for flatworms any time with the corals hes offering there.
B

hoot214
11/15/2005, 11:26 AM
flat worm exit will get rid of them