PDA

View Full Version : D'oh!

STACKER
11/03/2005, 01:13 PM
Went from a minor hypo-salinity issue to a major bout with electric and toxic waste. I did a sizable water change on my nano. OOps! fresh water! Salinity hit rock bottom at about 1.015 (prolly less). Before I could bring the slat level back up to par, BAM! Frickin' heater exploded! Sonofa.....!!!! Xenia, toast! Shrooms, dunno yet, zoo's, puckers up tighter than a straight man in a gay bar. Goby's and the shrimp, snails and hermits seem OK. I'm about to give up on this little piece of crap!

Not that anyone reads these posts but, *** atleast I try to communicate here... Smile and make fun of me, ya, go ahead! Yer time is coming :)

fishguy449
11/03/2005, 07:17 PM
makes me feel better about my fubars

STACKER
11/04/2005, 06:49 AM
The things we don't have control over are harder to deal with for me than my own blunders. I'm pretty good at taking the blame. What really stinks is that I just got the tank looking nice and even had the first successful cluster of xenia EVER. Oh well! I'm tearing it down and will start over after I design and build a functional filtration system. Till then the corals that survive will go into the fuge to heal.

deepbluesea99
11/04/2005, 01:20 PM
dude you need just to do a moded 10 gal come talk to me uncle rich will help lol

STACKER
11/04/2005, 02:25 PM
LOL...

I just tore it all down, fish and shrimps in a tupperwear, corals, snails and crabs in another, LR in a bucket. I'm taking it all home and hoping for the best. The nano is draining it's toxic soup as I type. when I fire it back up again I'll have a sump/fuge and skimmer. Till then everyone gets to swim in the big pond!

STACKER
11/06/2005, 09:50 AM
Sun. AM green stars are opening, orange, green, blue, and purple zoo's are peeking out, bubble coral looks great, pink leather is suffering still be the edges are extended. Pistol and Yaishia paired back up in the big tank and the clown goby is cool with everyone but the bi-color wants to push him around.

I have 2 big pink colt frags ready to go too. Later today I'll be cutting 4 more colt frags that will be ready in a week or 2 to go too.

otrl021
11/06/2005, 06:10 PM
Say Dale, I have just started posting again. I must have done something really bad that they banned my posting for so long, but here I am! I'd be very interested in one of your pink colts. I saw the pics a while back, and it is beautiful. Let me know if you have one to offer. Thanks, Jayne

STACKER
11/07/2005, 08:03 AM
Hi Jayne, Glad to see you're back online. I had trouble for 2-3 days so I logged out and logged back in. I had to update my registration information and change my password in order to post. I have trouble believing you would have done anything to justify banning in any form. I have 2 pieces about the size of my fist that are attached (2 weeks) and just cut 3 more lastnight. I'll sell ya one or better yet trade ya if you have something I may like! Let me now what you're interested in doing. I'm fairly available evenings and it's not like you live too far away... D

STACKER
11/10/2005, 03:51 PM
Ok, final report:

Pink leather, dead
Xenia, dead
11 snails, dead
hundreds of pods, dead
transparent frogspawn, dead

Everything else is making a slow but marked recovery.

Paul, I told you I'd kill that Xenia! LOL

doody
11/12/2005, 07:57 PM
Well, at least you still have some good life in ther and your not giving up on that tank. I am slowly learning that this hobby is nothing but a battle. But a fun and beautiful; one it is.

BTW, I just realized that I forgot to plug the heater back in on my tank. It's been 3days and nothing seemed shocked. Temp was about 76 when I realized it.

STACKER
11/14/2005, 07:11 AM
76 is no problem.

The tank is empty! I'm starting over with a few modifications and new stock (I'll never catch critters in the big tansk so I won't even try)