Brandon Dawson (OscarBeast)
Victor McAlister (??)
Dave Brunsmann (Saltcreeper)
Jason Freeland (JasonF)
Richard Minick (DrkShadow)
Mark and Cindy McAuley (Snow2000)
Becky Davis (rldavis)
Don Davis (Don Davis)
I hope I didn't forget anyone, my memory isn't what it used to be.

1. Kyle had a little show and tell with a new PFO dual 400watt ballast to replace the melted Blueline E-ballast on the 500 he's helping maintain.
2. Kyle did a brief speech on the importance of using some type of reflective material in the canopy. The purpose of reflecting is to return light reflected off the water from the lights back into the water. (Whew!) The mentioned methods were some type of white paint (marine safe of course), aluminum flashing or some other corrosion proof metal, or the obvious manufactured reflectors made for the aquarium hobby. Reflectors or a reflector type material are optional when using florescent light but a must for metal halides due to the heat factor. But his point of utilizing the light that we spend so much $ for sure makes cents. ;)
3. What you can do during power outages to save your reef!! This is something that we should all be prepared for, especially with the spring storm season upon us.
--During winter power outages you can heat water on a gas stove, or from your faucet (if you have a gas water heater) and put it in some type of water tight container and float it in the tank to keep it warm.
--In summer months, floating bags of ice cubes, bottles of frozen water will work to keep the tank from overheating.
IN ALL CASES A BATTERY POWERED AIR PUMP IS AN ESSENTIAL THING TO HAVE ON HAND.
There is also the option of a generator and we learned that Dave is a generator guy, so he is appointed our official generator advisor. :p (We're still looking for a plumber)
4. Our club is now a member of MASNA, and MACNA will be taking place in Dallas of August this year. We're going to see if DFWMAS needs any volunteers for this event. More updates on this in a later meeting.
5. Business cards are ordered and should be received soon for distribution to any LFS that agrees to have them available. T-shirts for the club will be investigated.
6. Jason Freeland is doing some volunteer work at Aquaticus (OKC zoo). Go Jason!! Kyle and Jason will see if a behind the scenes tour can be arranged for the club sometime in the near future.
7. Elections - Right now all officers are "acting" and an election will be held this year for more permanent positions. Please consider any role that you could contribute to the club and if being an officer is something you might be interested in, be ready to let club members know. At this point a decision has not been made on a nomination process.
8. I don't know about everyone else, but I was very impressed with Mickey's tank. :D It's VERY nice. I would also like to say thanks to Mickey and his family for letting us invade his house.
9. If any members wish to have pictures of their setup put on our webserver, email them or contact Don (ddavis2121@cox.net) or Richard (rjminick@cox.net) and they will either get them there for you or give an FTP account for you to do it yourself.
10. We're currently looking for any contributions to our web library so if you have any good DIY projects that you've tried, or something that you know that others might find helpful, again email Don or Richard at the email addresses listed above and they'll see that they get posted on the website.

OKAY, I think that does it. My fingers hurt now. :p It was really great to see so many people at the meeting and we look forward to next month. The next meeting will be held at our house on April 13th. Directions and address will be posted here closer to the meeting date, so stay tuned.

Becky

snow2000
03/10/2002, 01:06 AM
Great meeting, sure enjoyed meeting everyone! Thanks Mickey for your hospitality and great tank! talk to you later....

Mark

rldavis
03/10/2002, 01:33 AM
One more thing.
If anyone has anything that they would like to see addressed at a later meeting (agenda items) or have something that they would like to talk about, please let Kyle know, or just post it here in our forum.
Kyle, I think that some of the upcoming agenda items could be assigned to some volunteers for the next meeting. I know you have a lot going on. If I can help, just let me know.

Becky

rldavis
03/10/2002, 04:12 PM
^