PDA

View Full Version : BB Soo to be ALIVE

APFish
10/31/2005, 08:54 AM
I know that all of you are excited abou this as I am. OK, I am working to get somebody to listen to me. Lisa and all of my daily contacts are tired of hearing about it. The last pieces arrive today and I already have the glass company in line to do the cutting. The black PVC I ordered is SAWEEET. I am going to run it a couple of days in the garage to make sure that I am getting everything that I need. After that, the rock comes out and I am going to start moving corals. I am considering replacing all of my water. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I am struggling between the thoughts of carrying cooties into the new tank, and not taking enough out of the old tank. I am going to run on PVC racks for a while. I will be cooking rock for a month or so.

Rob

foggy54
11/04/2005, 09:39 PM
Well, whats the latest. Have you started drilling yet?

APFish
11/07/2005, 12:05 PM
Well my fine connection in that area has fallen through. So that everyone knows, I have bought a couple of those cheapy diamond bits off the internet. We will use them until they run out. I am hoping they are here this week. Everything is in place, I am just awaiting those.

Rob

APFish
11/14/2005, 11:04 AM
Oooook Just because the sticker says the bottom is tempered does not necessarily mean the sides are not as well. I think that the sticker should read:

Dear Dumb A$$. Do NOT drill any part of this tank. It IS tempered on all panels, because it is cheaper and that is why you bought this tank anyway. Instead of buying drill bits that cost forty dollars and then breaking this just order one from Glass Cages that is ready to go for less than you paid for me from the fish store.

Or something like that.

Rob

loyalty
11/14/2005, 02:44 PM
ouch

APFish
11/17/2005, 07:45 AM
Man does that stuff really glisten in the sun. Do you think it would still hold water if I put some silicone in the the cracks?

loyalty
11/17/2005, 02:25 PM
dunno, i've always heard that once they're cracked, it's time to replace