PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf Angels-Centropyge

fish head steve
10/30/2005, 11:47 PM
Can a variety of Centropyge[I] share the same tank? I'd like to put a group in a 55 for a species tank but compatability and capacity concerns me. What would be a reasonable number for a tank with LR and a skimmer.

Thanks ~

ufdrew79
10/31/2005, 11:04 AM
You have to be careful when mixing species of the Centrpyge family, they can become very aggressive to each other. I as well as others have kept 2 together with no problems. Anymore than 2 might be pushing it. Some tips that will minimize compatability problems would be to add both fish to the tank at the same time. Variations in color and body type also seem to minimize aggression in this family.

fish head steve
10/31/2005, 05:19 PM
Care to recommend the best candidates for reef tanks? I'll be stocking a 140 (2'Dx4'Lx30 tall") and also a custom made in-wall tank that is 10"D x 67"L x 20" tall. Lets say 2 in each tank representing 4 members of the Centropyge family with other fish and soft corals.

Billybeau1
10/31/2005, 05:53 PM
The centopyge is if'y with corals. Some have success some not. The Genicanthus family would be safer. That said I have kept a flame, coral beauty and a bi-color in the samr tank with no problems. However this was a fish only tank. :)

fish head steve
10/31/2005, 11:20 PM
Interesting......What size tank? What other fish did you have with them? Did you place them all at the same time? Have a photo of the set-up?

Billybeau1
11/01/2005, 09:46 AM
I had the three in a 72 bow front. No rock so lots of room. In there with them was a sailfin tang and a king angel. I recently gave the tang and king to a larger home. Sorry no pics. But I do have some in my gallery. :)

fish head steve
11/03/2005, 01:38 PM
Did you place them at the same time? Were the juvenile or mature?

I looked through your photos--pretty nice fish. Are those in the 72 bowfront or another tank. If so, is there a reason you removed the rock?