PDA

View Full Version : When and Where do you meet?

soulfigter
10/29/2005, 05:27 PM
I just discovered this forum. I never realized there was a thread this close to me. Well..I'm in the Hastings area, so not real close, but close enough to get to. Any info on this would be great.

Thanks,
Jeremy

tanglovers
10/31/2005, 10:33 AM
Hello and Welcome -

The club meets at the Family Fare located at 6797 Cascade Rd in the community room on the 1st Monday of the month at 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM. The next meeting is a week from today (Next monday).

We are a group of hobbyist that have joined together to start the Grand Rapids Marine Aquarium Society. The club has just gotten established and have most of the 'politics' (officers, checking account etc) sorted out. We are trying to plan/arrange to put on a swap/auction the beginning of next year to raise funds for the club. Club dues are $2/month and is prorated...I think to join now is like $16 or so for the rest of the year....would have to check with the treasurer at the meeting.

There is an auction at the end of every meeting for everything saltwater related, mostly coral frags, occasional fish. Drygoods are also welcome. We ask that you are a member to sell and is currently split 60% goes to the seller and 40% goes to the club to help generate funds. There are some great pieces of coral that go through very reasonable.

Would love to see you out, bring a picture of your tank and share!