PDA

View Full Version : DTS phyto for Rotifers?

tendar
03/09/2002, 09:24 AM
Can you use DTS phytoplanton for feeding rotifers or do I need to try and setup a green water setup with Nannochloropsis oculata and if so where is a good place to the Nannochloropsis at and a good place to order rotifers at also? I also have Selcon on hand since I supplement daily with it in the food.
My goldstripe maroon clowns spawned for the first time (very unexptecitdly no warning) yesterday or the day before so I dont think I will be ready to try and raise them this batch but try to get ready for next spawn and less I can use DTS then I might be able to give it a try this time.
Also has there been much succes with C-Quest dry dead food for starting to raise them on from start?

If all else fails I will at least try pulverised flake food and maybe get lucky with a couple. Im getting the stuff to day for setting up rotifer setup and and grow out tank.

P.S.
Helps if I look first. Well just looked at the bottle of DTS I have in the fridge and it says right on the bottle Nannochloropsis oculata so I am guessing it should work.
Please confirm.

Thanks for any help.

FMarini
03/09/2002, 09:46 AM
Hi:
DTs is fine for rotifers. I found a slightly easier althou more expensive way and that is use www.mountaincorals.com "velvet green+ rotifers". Its a complete combo food and rotifers in the same gal jug.
Otherwise Dts will work fine.
frank

tendar
03/09/2002, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the fast reply very much appreciated. I will check out mountian corals now.

Again thanks alot.