PDA

View Full Version : need help with planning a new tank

blacksh33p
10/24/2005, 03:29 PM
i need help. my mom likes my tank alot and she thinks i should do a bigger one. so i figure why not. this time tho i want to do everything right from the beginning. what i want to do is have a tank with a false back in it so i can hide all the equitement and stuff. i like the length of a 20 gallon long tank but its not wide enough for me to put a false back in it. so what im thinking is i should build a tank thats the same length and height of a 20 long and just have it wider with a false back. im not to keen on making the tank myself tho. where should i look to have a tank built for me.

gman0526
10/24/2005, 03:36 PM
Whoever hooks up tigahboy makes some sick acrylic tanks, try a PM to him or check local reef clubs, they ought to know somebody. Good Luck

Henry22
10/24/2005, 03:54 PM
Go bigger, try a 30 with a false back, bigger is better(not always)

blacksh33p
10/24/2005, 04:31 PM
ok i just checked, a 30 breeder is 36x18x12 according to the aga website. that should be perfect, it'll give me plenty of room to put a false back in it. i dont know why i didnt think of that to begin with. ok now on to circulation. ive already decided its going to be barebottom so i need enough flow to keep all the waste from settling so it can be skimmed out. two seio M620s? or would that be to much flow.

and heres a picture of my tank now. just something to look at
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a37/supernayr/CIMG2293.jpg