PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Steve and Lynn

Agu
10/23/2005, 05:36 PM
Thanks for hosting !!

Your tank is awesome. A carribean theme tank is a something different and interesting.

I esp liked the bar and stools in front of the tank. Makes it easy to enjoy your tank.

myakkareef
10/23/2005, 06:09 PM
I would also like to thank you guys. Great meeting, great picnic..
Nice job on making your tank a piece of furniture for your house.
Very nice to meet Lynn and thank her for all her hard work. Also thanks for the generousity on spreading around some of the locally collected items...
It was also nice to meet Dorothy who came quite a distance and see some folks that I haven't seen for awhile.....

multi striped 12
10/23/2005, 08:53 PM
Ditto to all the above!! Thanks.... Tank looks great

One of those purple gorgonians had allready opened about an hour after putting it in the tank

I hope the green leather dosn't ruin your theme...

multi striped 12
10/23/2005, 08:58 PM
Sorry Nathan I forgot to mention the Kenya

Thank you it looks good

Agu
10/23/2005, 09:51 PM
And thanks to Henry for the Euphyllia frag, it's open and looking happy :D .

stevemc
10/25/2005, 07:42 AM
Thank you all for the frags and good friends. The mushrooms all opened up and the GSP too a little while later-Thanks Nathan. The green leather has not sent out polyps yet, but still looks good, thanks multi striped was it Jim? Thanks. Lynn enjoyed setting up all the food and decorations, she really likes doing it and enjoyed meeting you all. Lynn told me someone was wondering what the little yellow tank was, it is an Atlantic Blue tang. When they are small, they are yellow, when they reach about 2 1/2" they start blushing blue then slowly turn bright blue. If you look closely ours has blue eyes and a thin blue tipping on dorsal and anal fins. I guess I didnt show you all the workings of the tank, sorry. It has a 55 gallon sump with a Red Sea XL skimmer, 2 Rio return pumps and a heater. Lights are 2- 250 watt 20K metal halides, 4 - 110 watt VHO actinics. There is a 175 watt 10 K in the middle but it burned out and I havent replaced it. I will replace it with a 20K though. There is a 6" Radio Shack 110 volt fan to keep the top,which is insulated so it doesnt heat sink, to keep it cool. The highest temp I have noticed this summer was 82-83, but we keep the A/C at 75ish, 74 at night, 76 day. I plugged in the heater this morning. Glad to see you all, and I hope to make more meetings, as I havent made one since Brians meeting Nov 13th last year. Long story, but I do plan on making more, so does Lynn. I still have a bunch of tanks to get rid of if anyone needs some. And still have some purple gorgonians and branching coralline too. Maybe I'll bring some to Brians. Steve. PS Oh my daughter called last night and said, come and get our fish and a powerhead covered with xenia.. well now we have a yellow watchman goby, a Christmas island anthius, and a Blue green chromis. And a power head with about 8" of jointed return, all completly covered with xenia. This morning all were right at home. I'm not worried about not having an all Florida themed tank, its fine the way it is. Steve.

Bugs825
10/25/2005, 09:09 PM
Thanks guys for hosting and I'm sorry that I had to run so soon. Everyone is very welcome for the frags and I hope to have some more at Brian's meeting. Brian and I got 3 of the 5 big tanks plumbed and going. Brian also moved some baby clowns around. His last hatch still has 240 babies alive!!! I think that they are over 2 months old! Brian keeps me in awe at how well he knows his stuff.

:D

Nathan

ladybug_Montreal
10/26/2005, 01:07 PM
Thank You Lynn and Steve for hosting.

It was very nice meeting all of you at Steves's home. And Thank You for the Frags. My tank now doesn't look att that empty.

Again Thank You

Dorothy