PDA

View Full Version : is the nano a good buy?

backstepper
10/22/2005, 07:36 PM
I know that a lot depends on what goes into the tank, but I am trying to figure out what is best. I noticed that Foster and Smith are offering a great deal on the nano12 reg. and deluxe, and I was looking for feedback from current users of this type of setup. Will I need to add a lot of extras, is the built-in filter system efficient? Are the lighting systems provided sufficient? I'm basically looking to set up a nano-reef and i already have a 20L but i like the idea of having a complete or semi-comlete system like the descrition of these nanos boast. Any input from current or former users of this setup, or anyone who has heard of these setups is appreciated.

Andrew
10/22/2005, 07:55 PM
Those nano cubes crack alot and the filteration isn't good what so ever. You would be better off getting a 10 or 20 gallon tank and making a nice stand, canopy, and getting good lighting. People have had bad experiences with nano-cubes.

lil_fishey
10/22/2005, 08:04 PM
^^ditto^^

tmantaylor18
10/22/2005, 08:19 PM
I had a great experience with my nano, just filled the back with live rock and kept lps, rics, and other softies.

Fizhstiks
10/22/2005, 09:57 PM
I dont suggest that you buy one. My first one cracked so they sent me a new one. i set up the new one 2 weeks ago and it cracked last night during dinner. I had just bought $50 worth of live rock so now that has to sit in a bucket....

taku
10/22/2005, 10:22 PM
I just ordered a nc6 and it arrived a couple days ago and I'm really amazed at what an awesome / clean looking setup it is. I just installed an extra pair of blue LED's and swapped out the stock pump for a minijet 606. I wish I could have my 120g display just as clean and non-ghetto as my new nanocube LOL --- PLUS the new Fission skimmer fits in the back!!