PDA

View Full Version : meeting-if the storm hits.

stevemc
10/20/2005, 06:22 AM
If Wilma gets close to us, we wont be here. So if it is coming our way, we may not be having a meeting. I guess that goes without saying though. I'll be keeping an eye on it. No pun intended. Good luck, and I hope it doesnt even get close. I work Saturday till 8 am Sunday, longer if it hits here, so I will be in touch anyway. Steve.

Agu
10/20/2005, 08:22 AM
Steve,

Suppose you're on call until Wilma is gone ? You can cancel by using Reply to All in outlook express. Just get up the email I sent out and reply to all and the email goes to everyone on the list.

Or you could post here ..............

myakkareef
10/20/2005, 08:21 PM
Dawn has been put on permanent standby untill further notice. She will be working a shelter if it comes to it. I will still be around but if she is in a shelter, steve will be tak'in care of us..Good luck all, hope Sunday is a go and beutiful day.....

jerrymlr1
10/20/2005, 09:27 PM
aka "The Jerk"..................:lolspin:

myakkareef
10/21/2005, 07:10 AM
So it only took you 3 weeks or so to notice....
Looks like Sunday will be OK day as long as Steve doesn't end up being called in. Never know about them Gov't jobs..Maybe he will be called on to man the "sand" bag pile...:hmm2:

stevemc
10/22/2005, 08:28 AM
Its now Sat. 0930 am and there saying it might not hit until Monday morning, lets have a meeting. I feel its going where they say, and it will be delayed, hopefully, so come on over. We'll still cook burgers on the grill 1 pm Sunday. If anything has changed- people not coming etc, let me know, and someone else is bringing something to eat and trade. Were suppling the burgers and soft drinks, I know some have said they would bring chips, cake, beans, so if somebody else plans to bring anything let me know. I will be on call, but probably wont get called, I cant see it on Sunday midday. Like I said earlier, we have some purple bipinnate sea whip gorgonians and purple blade sea whips, and some branching coralline heads, and some other odd items, for trade or auction. See you all Sunday @ 1, Steve and Lynn.

myakkareef
10/22/2005, 08:34 AM
Steve, Dawn and I will still be there and are bring baked beans...
Dawn has been assigned a shelter for Sunday evening at 7:00pm till 7:00 am...But I think it will be slow for her except her shelter is a host shelter for other countys...
I do have some xenia and a couple really small GSP but they will grow rapidly. Also could purge a small bag of chaeto if anyone interested. Willing to trade for anything small....
See you all tommorrow..

Agu
10/22/2005, 10:17 AM
What's traffic like on 41 in Sarasota ? I'd love to get out but not if it's to sit in traffic ..........

stevemc
10/22/2005, 10:47 AM
Agu, Thursday evening it was bad, there was an accident on 1-75 near Nokomis, and cars were routed down 41, but this morning on my way to work it was a ghost town, outside here on St Armands, its quiet. Not much traffic, I havent been out on 41 lately though. Steve.

ladybug_Montreal
10/22/2005, 04:32 PM
myakkareef I am interested in some of your xenia and a really small GSP. I only have some red mangrove pods 16-18 inches tall, with just roots and what I think are white mangrove pods (3) with roots.

I want to keep one of each for my own use.

Dorothy

Agu
10/22/2005, 04:59 PM
Dorothy,

I'll bring some green zoanthids if you want them.

Agu
10/22/2005, 08:13 PM
Sent out a new email, did it go out ?

jerrymlr1
10/22/2005, 08:39 PM
I got it Agu. Steph and I will be there.
Jerry

stevemc
10/22/2005, 08:51 PM
Agu, I didnt get it. I PMed you my email, Steve.

Agu
10/22/2005, 11:40 PM
I'll update you, do you need directions to the meeting ?

Oh yeah, it's at your house :lol: .

Agu
10/22/2005, 11:41 PM
Who was next in line for the orange zoas ?

Bugs825
10/23/2005, 12:10 AM
Orange Zoas????

I will bring some kenya frags.

Steve, Give me a call so we can see about trading some frags for the breeder tanks.

Nathan

stevemc
10/23/2005, 04:50 AM
Nathan, if I dont get you, bring some stuff for trading anyway. Tanks are waiting for you. I like colorful things. I have mostly Florida stuff, but could use some different colors, so bring what you can. I hope you need some purple gorgonians and maybe some branching coralline as my tank is quite cluttered. I have several looking for new homes. See you at 1, Steve.

stevemc
10/23/2005, 04:51 AM
Nathan, if I dont get you, bring some stuff for trading anyway. Tanks are waiting for you. I like colorful things. I have mostly Florida stuff, but could use some different colors, so bring what you can. I hope you need some purple gorgonians and maybe some branching coralline as my tank is quite cluttered. I have several looking for new homes. See you at 1, Steve.

stevemc
10/23/2005, 04:52 AM

stevemc
10/23/2005, 05:04 AM
Oh I just remembered, I would talk about cutting and glueing plexi. I will set that up. Does anyone have anything they need made out of plexi? I'll show some overflow boxes I made out of plexi that worked fine. Lynn can also talk about the reefs of Fiji as she used to live and dive there. We may go next year. Maybe I can talk about tropical fish collecting as I used to do that for a living in Hawaii and here as an amatuer/part timer. I have all the props for that talk, 2 different slurp guns, several different nets, storage buckets, pumps, etc, how to do it, what to do with the fish, laws, licenses, etc. See Ya, Steve.

stevemc
10/23/2005, 05:08 AM
And Agu, I would like a few orange zoos if you can spare some. Steve.

Agu
10/23/2005, 10:31 AM
Somebody already has dibs on the next batch of orange zoas, I just can't remember who :confused: .