PDA

View Full Version : 20g stocking list Need ADVICE

ZC
10/18/2005, 11:37 PM
Ok Here's what i have set up wise. 20g high with a 18 gal sump, only about 10g of water though. A aqua C urchin skimmer and a quiet one 3000 return pump. I've got about 40lbs live rock in the tank and a 2" sand bed, and then another 10-15lbs of live rock in the sump. and for lighting I'll be running a 175w 20K MH.

Right now I have my mated pair of percs and a rainford goby in there, that i kept from when i down graded from a 75g.

My question is can I put another small fish or two in there, maybe a cleaner goby or a shrimp goby??? Realistically or am I already pushing it with what i have. I've always had large tanks and never had to worry about overloading the bioload in a tank. But i figure it can't be that much different than all my big tanks!

Let me know what you think
ZC

nazzy_19
10/19/2005, 06:15 AM
Cleaner goby like neon goby maybe okay since they are so small. They don't add a whole lot to the bioload. Shrimp goby maybe you are pushing it a little bit. However, the skimmer you got is a good skimmer, plus you have a sump as well. Basically you have an approx. 25-30g of water volume if you exclude all the space that the rocks take up. And you can always go with a smaller type of shrimp gobies, such as high-fin shrimp goby or yellow watchman. They only grow up to about 3". With shrimp gobies, you definitely would add a pistol shrimp in as well. They are absolutely a treat to watch when they hang out together.

rbrice020378
10/19/2005, 09:33 AM
I agree, I think with the sump and protein skimmer you will be in good shape to add a goby if you want. I recommend the pistol and goby pair as well.

ZC
10/19/2005, 10:12 AM
cool cool thanks for the info guys! Do you think the rainford goby and the shrimp goby will get along, i've read where gobys are always fighting with eachother when confined in a small space.

egdevilboy
10/20/2005, 10:59 PM
algae eatin goby