PDA

View Full Version : trouble with toad stool

Briney Dave
10/17/2005, 11:23 AM
Over the weekend one of my students overloaded a power line which part of my tank is on too,

long story short my half my lights were off for the whole weekend
I have a toadstool which seems to have suffered greatly from this, much more than I would have expected.

The skimmer was off as well but the rest of the tank (even the couple of acros that I have are fine

the toadstool has only about a 1/3 of the tenticles extended and showing a darker than normal coloration

is this normal for a leather to suffer this much for two dimmer days and no skimmer or is there something else wrong

ran the normal tests which all seem within what would be expected

Your pal
Briney

weimers75
10/17/2005, 05:52 PM
I wouldn't think it would damage it permanently. Your acros would be the first to show any problems. Most likely, it was just stressed. My toadstool took longer than any other coral I have gotten to open up. I would just keep an eye on the rest of your corals and your toadstool should hopefully bounce back.

Briney Dave
10/18/2005, 05:31 AM
thanks, about half of it has opened as soon as the light came on but there is a big circle in the center that did not open yesterday

jenghes
10/18/2005, 07:56 AM
I got a toadstool at the swap, it is just now starting to open after looking really bad for a while. I would give it time.

Briney Dave
10/18/2005, 08:18 AM
ok thanks Jen and 75