PDA

View Full Version : crabs snails etc

vanmo92
10/15/2005, 01:24 PM
i have started a 1 gallon pico with about 1-1/2 lbs of LR. the light is a 15 watt incandesant bulb. i have one powerhead that circulates the water. on some of the LR i have that pesky anemone that nobody seems to like.....it starts with an a. i bought it knowing what it was and dont tell me to ger rid of it because i want it. i also have several pieces of culurpa in there. the temprature fluctuates from 75-84 over the corse of the day. all the living things i have in there now seem to be thriving. I was wondering if i could get a blue leg hermit crab or 2, and 1 or 2 sanils. would they do ok with the temp. problem. i could also get a compact florescent bulb to put in the socket so it would not ger so hot. What (if any) corals could i put in there. i was thinking that if the temp was stable i could get xinia, zoos, or mushrooms.

reefwick
10/15/2005, 01:31 PM
Yeah that temperature fluctuation is huge get that under control before adding anything.

vanmo92
10/15/2005, 02:06 PM
ok so i just cut a hole in the top of my light fixture just big enough for a small fan. i have the fan blowing out directly off the bulb. I hope this works at keeping the temp under control

reefwick
10/15/2005, 02:10 PM
sounds like it will

vanmo92
10/15/2005, 02:35 PM
good i'm so exited because this will be the first time that crabs and snails will live for me. they dont like the nitrate in my 20