PDA

View Full Version : tallahassee

Martyg6
10/15/2005, 11:43 AM
im in tallahassee. I want to start reefing. What are a few good LFS's? Is Aqua Realm a rip off. Any suggestions thanks alot

Superorb
10/15/2005, 01:30 PM
hey, there's a place on the parkway called fin express. they are in the same plaza as the place with all the kayaks and i think right near dominos pizza. it is past target on the left if you're coming from the capitol. panhandle pet supply has salt water fish too, there on cap circle across from the prison. lastly, petco sells sw fish as well, behind governors square mall on the parkway.

ReefWreak
10/17/2005, 02:06 PM
The sign is Fin Express, but it's called High Tide Aquariums. I love it, and if you've ever got questions, the owners Scott and Maggie are VERY helpful.

I'm still scoping the area out too, just to see what options are availible, but so far, HTA has been the best.

Wetline
10/21/2005, 10:36 PM
I would say High Tide / Fins Express is probably your best bet. I mean Aquatic Realm just doesn't seem to give a ... about if there are dead fish in the holding tanks and never have for sure prices on their coral. Kinda like ahhh, I can give it to you for $40. I'm thinking.....uhhhh is that because you don't like me or is that because that's the mark-up from what you paid for it. Panhandle on cap circle has a decent selection of fish sometimes but their coral is hit or miss.

Superorb
10/22/2005, 06:45 AM
ya the fish are decent at panhandle but i like high tide's stuff, they seem like they care about the fish they have.

Wolf93
08/26/2006, 09:50 PM
Is High Tide Aquariums still open?

Mr James
08/26/2006, 10:24 PM
I know it's a long drive, but you guys are invited to our next reef club meeting coming up in September. It's going to be held at The Gulfarium on the beach in Fort Walton Beach.

Willjs7
08/28/2006, 12:17 PM
Welcome, I am in tallahassee too. What size setup you looking at? and if you need ro/di water let me know.

ProAccordV6
08/31/2006, 07:04 PM
i've been going to "aquatic realm" now called "cutting edge aquatics." I got some fantastic live rock. They are in the process of re-modeling. The guys there seem real nice, love to talk, and dont really push anything on you. I was actually looking to buy some clowns there the other day, and the guy i usually work with steered me away, told me to wait for some better one's...because he had a bad feeling about them. Its nice to know they actually care. Talk to Collin..he'll take care of you.

I havent really been anywhere else....but i'd like to go check out some of the other places around town.

ga_reefer_guy
09/06/2006, 11:42 AM
I have been looking for a good shop myself. I have talked to the guy at High Tide and the guys at Aquatic Realm. Aquatic Realm is good depending on who you talk to. I normally only talk to the owner I think his name is Jason? I'm probably going to get my tank from Aquatic Realm, they have the better prices between the two, and my live stock from High Tide because their live stock seems to be in better condition. IMHO

Superorb
09/06/2006, 12:19 PM
If you get a new tank get one with a built in overflow. It'll save you time and trouble otherwise. Also, try to get one used. New tanks without overflows are still extremely expensive.

Willjs7
09/06/2006, 06:20 PM
Now all I need to find is ~35-80 lbs of LR in Tally. :)

atf72
09/08/2006, 07:29 PM
High Tide just got some live rock in last week. Fiji Premium. I picked up a couple of pieces myself, but it may be gone by now.

Jasonzo6
02/20/2007, 12:16 PM
High Tide on Appalachee is GREAT! (yes, it is still there) Scott and Maggie know their stuff and are only interested in selling to folks if they know how to take proper care of things. All I have to do is point to a fish and Scott will say "yeah" or "nay" based on my current tank inhabitants. VERY smart folks there and very helpful considering I'm a newbie to the hobby.