PDA

View Full Version : FS: 125 gal tank, stand, canopy, (thick glass), Athens Ohio

billzie
10/14/2005, 09:11 PM
Tank is one of the nicest built non-Oceanic tanks I've seen. It is an Odell "Euro-glazing" tank, the glass in this tank is as thick as the Oceanic 200 I have, the silicone is black. It is oak trim, the center brace was broken when I bought it, so I cut it out the rest of the way after I water tested it for bowing, it doesn't bow with the extra thick glass and never posed a problem.
Stand is made by me, not perfect, but nice enough for the family room. It is 3/4" oak ply sheathed and stained and poly-ed with a 1" thick top tank surface all around a 4x4 and 2x4 frame, I made this thing to hold a car so I wouldn't have to have any center brace framing (a nice large sump will fit no problem I had a 60g long 48" tank at one time down there). It is honey oak finished, has two large front access doors and the front corners/edges are trimmed to match the canopy.
Canopy is made by me, again not perfect, but a nice piece. It is 3/8" luann sealed, stained, and poly-ed, not a perfect match but close. It is not a high canopy for MHs, I had VHOs and PCs, however, I have enough wood available to raise it another 8" or so. This could be done with minimal difficulty.
Lid is vented and has a handle. It is the same material and finish of the canopy and is trimmed to match the canopy and stand.
I have the entire set-up already moved from our basement family room to the garage and is ready to be picked up, I will help load as two people minimum are needed to move this stuff. Again, the quality of the glass makes this tank a lot heavier than a standard 125. It is a used tank and although I cleaned it, it does need a good cleaning before you put anything in it, it does have some minor scratches as any used tank would but are few and far between and are not noticable when filled with water.
Tank is NOT drilled. It was the next thing on my list to do to it before I got the Oceanic 200 RR. I was still going to drill it before selling it b/c I know I'll get about twice for it that way. This tank is begging to be drilled. I was going to do a single overflow (top back center, for 1.5" bulkhead), and a single closed-loop output (mid back center, for 1.5" bulkhead), and two closed-loop input (mid back 1/4 in from each side, for 1" bulkhead).
This might not be the way someone else would do it so that's why I'm not drilling it.
This tank was $500 (just tank) new and now has stand and canopy (better than the pine board AGA pieces).
I have pics now, please send me your email addy so I can send.
I am posting it for sale on RC and other boards tonight, if I don't sell it (or at least a deposit) by Sunday afternoon 10/16, I will list it on Ebay, same username as here.
I'm in Athens Ohio 45701 in the SE part of the state but within a few hours of most of the state and parts of WV and KY.
Email me for pics.
Email is best or you can call me on my cell ( 740 ) 5 9 0 - 5 8 8 8
Price, $350 is kinda firm, unless there is something I can take in trade that I need.

Thanks, Bill.

billzie
10/16/2005, 09:11 PM
Thanks for all of your interest. Now listed on Ebay under the same username I have here.
Bill.