PDA

View Full Version : My snorkeling pics from Maui

darcitananda
03/05/2002, 12:13 PM
are viewable here.

Aloha!

Maui pics thread (http://archive.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=462036#post462036)

SunfishFun
03/05/2002, 12:53 PM
Darci -

Cool photos! That was some Puff Daddy - don't they have a couple big teeth right in the front? Yikes! Looks like you enjoyed your trip! Did you happen to see any Huma huma trigger fish - I think they're Hawaii's state fish?
So did you have someone reefsit while you were gone? I think I'd better start "training" the high schooler across the street so I'll have a sitter when I need one.
Thanks for posting the photos!
-maureen

darcitananda
03/05/2002, 01:03 PM
Yes, I saw Humahumas, although the pictures didn't come out very well. Maybe I can blow one up and crop it. There are at least 2 species of those triggers there, at least I saw 2. I think one is called the Picasso trigger and the other something else.... The Picasso has the yellow "V" on it's body. I think this one is the humahuma, since it is the prettier of the 2.

I had my roommate feed one cube of food per day while I was gone. I actually did lose a leather in my absence. The torch that I got from the last frag meeting fried it to a crisp! :(

Other than that, everyone looks great.