PDA

View Full Version : Indo Fishes

EdKruzel
03/04/2002, 11:04 PM
Just looking for a bit of info here. I have Ctenophores by the dozens in my reef. Although harmless there getting to plague proportions.

Dr Shimek said they are most prolific from the Indo area, and is not sure of a predator.
My question here is if nobody knows what natural predators eat the "comb jelly" what would you consider some of the most popular reef fish from the Indo-pacific area (Omnivorous).

I have just recently placed a Leopard Wrasse in the tank, however he is a bit cryptic right now.

Thanks,
Ed

Wolverine
03/06/2002, 05:08 PM
Ed, to be honest with you, if you had posted here first, I would have referred you to Dr. Ron's forum, so I can't really help you there. But this will bump you up, so maybe someone else can.

Dave

hcs3
03/06/2002, 05:15 PM
like wolverine and dr ron, i have no idea. perhaps some research on comb jellies will yield a preadator?

i do, however, feel very confident that a leopard wrasse will not touch them.

HTH

henry

Wild Card-inal
03/06/2002, 09:13 PM
Sea Turtle? j/k

They do eat jellyfish, though.

I wouldn't know what is a comb jelly predator.

EdKruzel
03/06/2002, 09:52 PM
Before I lost my six line, I never had this plague (cuke accident) however I didn't have the copious amount of pods either.

I have a LFS that carries a variety of nudibranchs. I think I'll visit with a few comb jellies and see if any "Bite".

Thanks,

Ed