PDA

View Full Version : March 9th meeting

luminary
03/04/2002, 10:10 PM
Hey everyone...The next meeting will be this saturday, March 9th, at 2:00 pm down in Sarasota at Brians house. He will be BBQing some ribs/dogs/burgers. He has asked people to bring sides, so if you can bring something, please let me know.

I apologize for the website having been down. There's an issue with the registrar that I'm trying to get worked out. Hopefully it will be resolved in the next few days.

As always, I do not post address to peoples house on the internet so if you want to come and you don't know how to get there, please email me at luminary@liquidchaos.net .

Hope to see you there!

Jabrams
03/06/2002, 10:45 AM
what kind of corals can i expect to see traded?

cheers,
Joe

st.petersburg

luminary
03/06/2002, 11:24 AM
Joe,

The purpose of our meetings isn't really frag tradding. Occassionally someone brings something to the club, but there isn't usually alot. Members have a wide range of tanks and as such, many of us do not have similiar corals types. For instance, only a few of us keep any SPS. Really, we just get together to talk about reef stuff and hang out with people who have a common interest. We're also a small club that's just getting started so there aren't alot of members to trade with yet.

Having said that, the person who is hosting this meeting (Brian) runs a small coral farm. He's got about 20 different tanks focusing mainly on stonies, shrooms, and xenia, with some other softies. He also breeds a few different species of fish. He is usually willing to trade for stuff that he doesn't have.

Generally, if someone has something that someone else is interested in, they arrange to trade at the following meeting.

Matt