PDA

View Full Version : coralife super skimmer

blacksh33p
10/10/2005, 03:00 PM
i was wondering if anybody has put one of these on a ten gallon before. i think im gonna get one but i dont want it to take up to much room. would i be able to take off that big black box, it think its just there to stop micro bubbles correct?

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a37/supernayr/superskimmer.jpg

tilldone
10/26/2005, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by blacksh33p
it think its just there to stop micro bubbles correct?

Yes, the black box is for stopping micro bubbles. You can fill the drain hose with stuffs in the box.

But the pump is also fairly large!

flycasterjosh
10/26/2005, 03:52 PM
Agreed. I have a 29 Gallon and a sump, so I didnt try to tank mount, but the pump is pretty large for a 10 gallon. I will say, this is absolutley the best skimmer for the money and if you can make it work, go for it. The return box is large and only acts as a MB diffuser.

R33f
10/27/2005, 10:24 PM
Have heard that the CSS65 does have problem with the adjusting knob being leaking. Backpressure cause with the diffuse box. There is a big and I do mean big thread about this skimmer. Just search.

mbunakeith
10/28/2005, 10:51 AM
if you adjust the outlet pipe and water level correctly, you wont have any leaks. mine leaked for months before i figured it out. now no leaks. as for the pump and box, it will take up half of the 10g tank if you hang it on the tank. i have my css65 hanging on my sump (10g) and it works very good. i highly recommend it. a great value. is it the best...no, but is it better than anything in its price class...yes.