PDA

View Full Version : October Meeting

Agu
10/09/2005, 04:52 PM
The October meeting of ACROS will be Sunday the 23rd of Oct . Steve McAdoo will be hosting at his home , address is 2304 Novus Street, Sarasota. As usuall we'll be starting at 1pm.

Steve has generously offered to make burgers on the grill so plan on a late lunch. To help Steve plan please respond to this thread on Reef Central so he knows how many to plan for.

jerrymlr1
10/09/2005, 05:21 PM
Stephanie and I will be there.
Jerry

myakkareef
10/09/2005, 06:33 PM
Dawn and I will be there...Looking forward to seeing everyone..
I have a frag of some xenia if anyone is interested...

Agu
10/09/2005, 06:42 PM
I'll be there.

I'll bring chips and dip to go with the burgers.

myakkareef
10/10/2005, 03:34 PM
Steve, Dawn and I will bring some baked beans....

stevemc
10/10/2005, 04:04 PM
Sounds like we'll have a few folks. Bring some frags to trade too! We'll have some frags to trade. We had a Florida only tank, but my daughter is getting rid of her tank, and giving us a Christmas Island anthius, a yellow watchmans goby, and a blue mandarin. So we'll have a Florida tank with some exotic visitors. They gave us a rock with 3 green Discosoma striatus mushrooms, that looked olive drab under their PC lights, and we put them in our tank and they got bigger (they had a chiller at 72-74 degrees) and under our lights very flourescent green. So we have some not Florida soft corals too. We chopped up some Florida mushrooms and one of those D. striatus shrooms , and have about 25 little chunks in a tub in the tank. They should be big by the meeting. See you all then, Steve.

Bugs825
10/11/2005, 12:13 AM
Tristan and I will be there. Steve, I will pick up the tanks then. Give me a call about the frags that I have.

Nathan

stevemc
10/11/2005, 05:25 AM
Nathan, that will be great. I'll call today, I think I have your number around. If I dont PM me with it. Maybe I can get rid of some more then too to some other folks;) . Frags are good. See Ya, Steve.

ladybug_Montreal
10/12/2005, 03:10 AM
Count me in too please.....anyone from the PG,PC, NP area want to share a ride pm me please.

Dorothy

wahwoo
10/12/2005, 07:21 PM
We plan on attending.

Dave and Cheryl

stevemc
10/19/2005, 08:32 AM
Were back from the Keys. Just missed getting kicked out anyway. Big storm coming, and I hope it doesnt come our way. We did not make it to the zooanthid place, but did get some gorgonians- 1 yellow bipinnate, many purple bipinnate, many purple blade, and many heads of purple branching coralline algea, some heads baseball sized, most size of a tennis ball. Some sponge was on coralline heads and did foul the water, so stuff is all in the tank. So if any one has trading stuff or really wants some let me know and bring a bucket or cooler. I'm looking for colorful zoos. Or SPS corals. See you all Sunday at 1 pm.

AquAsylum
10/23/2005, 09:50 AM
We aren't going to make it. Helping out family in Wilma's target zone. Have fun!

Oh, and discuss amongst yourselves.... Anyone locally who would be interested in a gently used custom 250 gallon setup? We have a friend of a friend situation and may end up taking it on consignment for them. I don't have specifics, but know that it is a complete setup that cost the owners more than 20,000. Livestock will all be accounted for except for perhaps some live rock. The dimensions are a little off- it was built to account for a stairase somehow. It has a white canopy and cabinet. If it becomes a reality I'll post more.