PDA

View Full Version : connecting 3 tanks?

saltwater212
10/05/2005, 09:48 PM
hey guys

i might get three mini bow's for free the 5 gallon types and was gonna make them little nano reefs, with a small fish in each(gobies). i was thinking about using my spare aquacealr HOB and making them fugees like on me other tank.
but i figured since the three tank willbe side by side connected by one 48 inch light, whichh i already have also, i could somehow connect them all with one sump below.

1)how to get the water from each individual tank down to the sump (probebley a 10 pr 15 gallon)

2)how to get the water back to the tanks.

i dont think there are overflow boxes smalll enuf, and is there such thing as a product that will divert water from one pump into three sepreate return tubes.

this might be impposible and if it is im just gonna HOB fuge them, and do lots of water changes.

so let me know if you have any ideas

also btw do you think they could be drilled, even if theyre so small.

thanks

joe

Puttz
10/05/2005, 09:54 PM
I have a 5gal MB on my desk at work...

it's a plastic tank so I dont see why you couldn't just drill it and install a bulk head in each tank then hook them all three up to a sump or something

Daemonfly
10/06/2005, 01:57 AM
1) any of the available overflow setups.

2) adequate sized pump for return.

addition: 3) Fuge/sump big enough to handle the flow of 3 tanks as well as being able to still contain all the water that would drain out of each tank if power goes out.

Andrew
10/06/2005, 02:25 PM
Not the best idea in many cases. The problem with linking many tanks together is that theres a more chance of a leak and problems with pumming. There is also the risk that one of your fish could get a disease and then the disease would spread to the other tanks and infecting those fish. Many risk you have to willing to take.

mightymouse
10/06/2005, 04:15 PM
it would be cheaper and easier jus tot get one bigger tank uid save the money in plumbing and then your 48 inch light woudl fit better 4 feet is way too much for 3 of those 5 gallons

whatnot45
10/14/2005, 10:28 PM
You could link the 5 gallon tanks in a row if you have room. There are these special things that allow fish to swim from tank to tank with no plumbing its called the " Flying Fish Tank" go to www.fluque.net for more info they are cheap I think, and you can get 2 to link the 3 tanks and use your 48 inch light I think they r really cool

whatnot45
10/14/2005, 10:30 PM
well acctually I take that back about them being cheap I just looked at the price lol

lil_fishey
10/15/2005, 04:43 PM
weel thats different ive never seen somthing like that