PDA

View Full Version : FAN UPGRADEs?

Jason64
10/04/2005, 10:28 AM
OK, got my 12 dx in my bedroom, which is upstairs. My house has a huge vaulted ceiling which throws heat up into my room, in testing I've seen my tank get as high as 85.6 and as low as 78. But it can get hot up there, real fast.

My dilemma, should I:
1) Replace the JBJ fans (If so, how high can I go? Can I use the same wiring, God knows, I don't want to stress the stock ballast, I'm electrically illiterate, so any help would be great)

2) Mount a fan above it on the wall shooting down at the tank?

3) Add extra fans on the lid or sides? (if yes, can I just walk into Radioshack and get a computer fan(speed?) and a DC adapter?) How do I wire that?

4) Get a Nanocustoms chiller(don't really have the cash for that now, so not really an option, but may consider it down the road)

Concerned that I'm going to fry my tank one day!
J64

Jason64
10/04/2005, 02:54 PM
Nobody has an opinion?

MeuserReef
10/04/2005, 04:24 PM
I would think that some computer fans would work. Im not that electrically inclined but I do know that they are set to run off of 5 volts. You could loo for a 5 volt AC adapter on Ebay and simply convert it to a power supply for your fans.

HTH

vanmo92
10/04/2005, 05:03 PM
Add several computer fans. you should be able to use the same wiring. as long as its not more than 12 volts.

spf9992001
10/04/2005, 09:45 PM
Get in touch with Chris at nanocustoms.com. He has built a business around modding JBJ cubs. Good prices, GREAT customer support.