PDA

View Full Version : Fish for a 10g

bkztrini465
10/03/2005, 10:35 PM
Well heres the story. I got a 10g set up in a hurry for a perc of mine. It started on a rampage beating the crap out of my fish in my 65g!!! and theres only 4 fish in there. Crazy I know. So I just did a 10g water change and used the 10g of water for the 10g nano. Now do you think another perc would be safe with this angry perc?
-Kris

nonamesright
10/03/2005, 11:35 PM
only if it were small, like 1" or less and even then id give it a 50-50 chance due to the previous owners aggressive tendancies. so either youd lose a clown, or gain a mated pair. Its your money but I wouldn't put a fish in known danger, its just too cuel.

bkztrini465
10/03/2005, 11:37 PM
Thats true. I dont think I'll take the chance. Guess this little ladie of a clown is going to live a lonely life :(. I'll get some pics of her tmrw. Thanks for the advice nonamesright :D. Wouldn't make any sense at all to put the fish in danger.

On another note do you think a 65g is enough for a pair of maroons?
-Kris

K9
10/03/2005, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by bkztrini465
On another note do you think a 65g is enough for a pair of maroons?It's enough space for a pair of Maroon clowns, but Maroons are even more aggresive than perculas. Maroons and Tomatoes are the two most aggressive clownfish species. I don't know if you want to risk your fish getting beat up by two Maroons.

bkztrini465
10/03/2005, 11:45 PM
Hmmmmm the other fish in the tank right now are a PJ cardinal, a algae blenny, and a 6line wrasse. Think it would be trouble for them. Theres lots of small caves, etc.
-Kris

Agu
10/04/2005, 08:48 AM
Talk to your LFS about trading in the clown for credit towards a pair of small immature clowns. When I had a male jump, the store was happy to give me full price credit towards two smaller clowns. He could sell the large female for more $ and I still bought another fish from him.

The maroons will probably be even more aggressive. If the other fish survive do you want them hiding all the time ?

bkztrini465
10/04/2005, 11:33 AM
Agu, Thats true. I might stick to no clowns in my 65g and instead do what you said. I'll call up my LFS and see if they would trade with me. Thanks everyone for the advice.
-Kris