PDA

View Full Version : MASNA Membership

Don Davis
03/02/2002, 11:25 AM
I registered our club with MASNA over a week ago and haven't received any verification or correspondence whatsoever. I emailed the treasurer and membership officer this morning. They are really on top of things in that organization. :D I will keep everyone updated as soon as I hear anything.

Don

SciGuy2
08/11/2002, 03:51 PM
Don,

Did MASNA ever get back to you? I wish I had noticed this yesterday and asked you at the meeting.

Thanks,

SciGuy2
08/14/2002, 10:22 AM
Don,

I just looked at the MASNA website and see that COMAS is listed as newest member. Did they just get around to processing the membership or have they been giving us free advertising for a while?

rldavis
08/14/2002, 12:46 PM
Lee,

I'll reply as my husband is currently out of town on business. :) Yes, he sent the dues for Masna membership and as far as I know we're now members. I do not think they have sent anything to this effect though. Just listed us on their website...no certificate, paperwork, or anything else that I know of. I'll let my husband comment on this further when he returns.

Becky

SciGuy2
08/14/2002, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the info., Becky.

I recently found out that MASNA holds it's annual nominations and perhaps election of officers on the Friday morning of the MASNA conference. I just wanted to FYI this information to you folks since Don is listed as COMAS delagate to MASNA.

I believe that MASNA is planning on sending out a mailing about the meeting, but it will be rather short notice.

I plan on sitting in on the meeting.

Thanks again,

Don Davis
08/16/2002, 06:13 PM
Lee, I have replied to you in a private messge as I do not think it is appropriate for me to flame MASNA in a public forum.

Thanks for understanding,

Don

Nancy Swart
08/18/2002, 01:45 AM
Hi all,

First, my sincerest thanks for your support and joining MASNA. I don't really have the words to express how badly I feel that you were never properly welcomed. I can only say that this has been a year of turmoil and transition. However, this is no excuse.

A letter will be going out to all members soon with details of our Annual Meeting and Elections. Just to clarify some points, there is no fee to attend the meeting. You must be a member to vote. Each Club Delegate gets one vote (to give an equal voice to all Clubs) and each Individual Member gets a vote.

We encourage anyone who's interested in getting involved to run for an office or sit on a committee so that some of these problems can get corrected.

Don, I've tried calling you several times to extend a personal apology but haven't been able to reach you.

At any rate, we hope you'll be patient with us for just a little while longer and we all look forward to meeting you in Texas.

Nancy Swart
www.masna.org

Don Davis
08/18/2002, 07:19 PM
Hello Nancy, thanks for the information.

I am sure I speak for all when I say that we are looking forward to receiving your newsletters and learning about how we can get more involved with the MASNA organization.

Don

DrkShadow
08/18/2002, 07:50 PM
Thanks for the posting Nancy.