PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the invite, SEABay!

Mr. Ugly
10/01/2005, 09:36 PM
Thanks for the swap invite. And I'm not just saying that because of the frags and awesome raffle prizes :) Nice for this newbie to start recognizing some familiar faces.

Ok, I do have some questions on some corals I picked up...

That big unlabeled piece in the large double ziplocs at the monti table... is that a merulina? It's reddish brown with green down inside the ridges. It has the coolest shape.

And what is the "soft green slime" that was on the softie table? With a name like that, I figured it had to be cool for my softie tank.

Ok, don't laugh at my first "rare" pick. I got the purple digitata :) I'm not doing acros right now, and Superman flew off the table hecka fast :) Purple digi is rare for *my* tank, since I've been wanting one for a while :) So thanks to the person who brought it!

Btw, I have one more frag of the blue polyp rice coral if anyone has a cool monti to trade.

sfsuphysics
10/01/2005, 10:12 PM
Don't worry about your "rare" pick, my rare pick ended in about 30 seconds when I snatched up the metallic pink zoos, 2nd rare pick went for your orange/yellow starburst zoos, and last pick was the multi-softy pack that someone brought (unlabeled, but there was a clove, some zoos, a kenya, maybe some other things too).

racrumrine
10/01/2005, 10:13 PM
Thanks. The site you selected was definitely the prettiest of all the swaps I've been to.

Best of luck,

Roy

racrumrine
10/01/2005, 10:21 PM

Eight
10/01/2005, 11:20 PM
Thanks for the swap SeaBay!

I had a great time and left with some wonderful frags. Let's see... I got the beautiful neon green blasto welsi and the Psammocora (spelling?)... interesting piece!

It was also nice to meet you Mike (sfsuphysics) and Roy (racrumrine). Also, another hello and thanks to John (tubs). :)

Out of curiosity, who ended up with the hot pink chalice I brought?

SWFanatic
10/02/2005, 12:37 AM
Hi Eight,

I got the pink chalice with my first pick! I see you got my blasto wellsi. It's funny we chose each others.

Vern

Microsoftie
10/02/2005, 12:48 AM
Mr. Ugly,

I'm the one with the double blue zip lock bag. I have no idea what the name of that coral is but it wasn't doing so well in my tank. Let me know if it does better in your.

- Stephen

Eight
10/02/2005, 02:44 AM
Hi Vern! That's is funny that we swapped corals. I have to say your blasto frag was very generous. Thanks so much. :)

I hope the chalice does well in your tank. Be sure to feed it!

gp125racer
10/02/2005, 02:44 AM
My yellow zoos from sfron opened within 2hrs of being in my tank, and the green frilly shroom is very very nice.

-=gp125racer=-

Reefcherie
10/02/2005, 07:39 AM
Nice to see familiar faces and meet new folks! Glad to hear people had a good time! This was SEABay's first swap ever and of course have jotted down both things that went well and things we might improve upon with a subsequent swap. Thanks to all of you attendees that came!

sfsuphysics
10/02/2005, 09:27 AM
Wonder who snatched up the other blastos (wellsi & merletti) the "don't use this water in your tank" frags :)

Mr. Ugly
10/02/2005, 10:16 AM
Stephen, thanks for the info.

I'll say Merulina ampliata for now. What kind of lighting and tank parameters was it in? I've got it in a holding tank directly under pc lights for now. Display tank has halides.

I'll appreciate if people who got my frags would let me know how they're doing in their new homes :)

Norman.

mobert
10/02/2005, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the invite. I had a nice day visiting with folks and came home with two nice frags. An already mounted and open Turbinaria and a thing that came in a small rectangular container with a picture of a pink fluffy coral shaped like fingers? ID please? Thanks to those that donated them.

reefkeeper1
10/03/2005, 07:33 PM
Thank you to everyone who organized the frag swap. The weather and location were perfect. It was good to see some faces I haven't seen in a long time, and to see members from other clubs.

Mr. Ugly, thanks for the rice coral. I've put it front and center in my tank, and I look forward to seeing it grow out.

My question is who won that beast of a skimmer that Rex donated to the raffle!?

Mr. Ugly
10/04/2005, 04:35 AM
Cool, I was wondering who got the capitata! Let me know how it does for you in the tank :) Polyps have opened up?

BlueNassarius got the humungo skimmer. He has a 29 gallon tank right now, hehehe.

Reefcherie
10/04/2005, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Ugly
BlueNassarius got the humungo skimmer. He has a 29 gallon tank right now, hehehe.

Sounds like he has the perfect excuse for a considerable upgrade! :D

tropoasis
10/04/2005, 11:05 AM
Thanks for a great swap

Nice to see everyone again

Hope you do another swap at the same location, it was very nice, perfect weather!

Frank

Mr. Ugly
10/04/2005, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Reefcherie
Sounds like he has the perfect excuse for a considerable upgrade! :D Maybe he needs to buy a boatload of raffle tickets at the MARS swap :)