PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Rita evacuees need our help!

Angela Short
09/27/2005, 09:42 AM
Hurricane Rita evacuees need our help!
Ok guys I am on this freecycle message board and this message came across this morning. I think my neighbor will donate a 29 gallon tank and I have a HOB filter and a little live rock and substraight to offer and maybe a heater. I do not have a light for a 29 or very much rock to offer. Just about 2 fist size peices which isn't gonna be great for a instant bio filter. I just hope that a 29 is big enouph. Anyone have anything they can offer to help out? The location line said middle TN or southern middle Kentuky so I am not sure exactly where they are located. I should hear back today by noon. This is all the message said.................

"Rita Evacuees arriving this evening with a bunch of saltwater pets who need a new home (not a new owner, just an aquarium). As much or as little as you may have for housing saltwater aquarium fish who normally live in a 55 gallon tank greatly appreciated."

I have sent them my contact info and will wait for a reply. I will post it over in NETN club also. They are closer to kentucky right? See if you guys have anything that could help out. Mainly some live rock I would think to help with instant bio. And salt also I guess. I could give some of mine since I just got 400 gallons worth from ETRC. I will let you all know more as I find it out.

ol'salty
09/27/2005, 02:07 PM
I'm sure I can probably come up with some stuff, to include a light strip that will probably fit. Let us know what you find out.

Dave

Angela Short
09/27/2005, 04:22 PM
Well I am surprised I haven't heard back from them. The message came across at 11:30 last night and I would bet they work and haven't checked there emails yet. I am thinking they are more up in that area anyways. Man a guy was offering a 45 tall, stand lights, hood, filter, heater and full of FW fish for the taking. Just come and get it. I emailed him about the evacuees needing a tank but told him I would gladly take it off his hands if they have found one already :). I love the look of the tall tanks. Like I need another tank! But it would look great in our basement den we are planning!

Angela Short
09/27/2005, 06:08 PM
Ok I talked to her, they are in portland on the other side of nashville from me. Any of you guys up that way have a QT to house a 2 foot eel, damsel and large hermit? I will go get them but was gonna see if anyone closer was up to the challenge. She is not sure yet on setting up a temp. tank or just letting someone babysit. I'll let you guys know.

Angela Short
09/27/2005, 10:12 PM
I am meeting her tommorow afternoon with a 29 set up. I think it will be fine without a light. Thanks Dave.

APFish
09/28/2005, 06:45 AM
I that falls out. I have my 29 long that has an eel, grouper and a toad fish that the eel could slide into if need be. The damsel and crab coupld go in my QT.

Rob

Angela Short
09/29/2005, 08:47 AM
She has a 29 set up now minuse the top. If any of you guys up that way have a 29 top that would be great but not essential. She is in Portland. I think some of you guys are closer up that way. It was a haul from Thompson Station but fun :).