PDA

View Full Version : Modifing 12g Uniquarium

Crawling68
09/26/2005, 10:56 PM
Im converting this uniquarium to better suit the salt water need. It will be the home for my Mantis, but i have some questions. The drawn white lines are where i plan to put walls to change the flow direction. Heres the plan The water will enter the first chamber where the heater will be. Then it will hit the bubbletrap wall and go down. Then it will com back up thru LR Rubble and over the last wall into the return zone. The question is, do you think this will create micro-bubbles that will just pump right back into the tank?
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=132219&papass=&sort=1&thecat=500

rockindacheeks
09/27/2005, 02:12 PM
i have a 50g uniquarium and i wish i had modded the back to redirect the flow. now i have to keep the water level in the "bio-ball" area which is now filled w/ LR rubble all the way at the top

Crawling68
09/27/2005, 07:48 PM
Well, i got it all done, and the water flows thru perfect. The bubble wall actually makes some of the water bounce back into the first chamber, creating a little turbulence in there. I may put some LR rubble in their as well. Even with the return area almost completley empty, with fresh water pumping in, there are no microbubbles returning into the tank. Perfect!