PDA

View Full Version : Sucess with Lemonpeel Angel in reef?

Jolio99
09/26/2005, 01:34 PM
Has anyone had permanent sucess with these fish in a reef tank? I just bought one and I have already witnessed him pick at my toadstool leather and zooanthids. Should he go back? :( He didn't really do any harm to them, they came right back out and look healthy. I understand that these fish do this but I am wondering if anyone has had any sucess in stopping this behavior. If I keep him well fed will he stop? He mostly just grazes on the algae growing on the live rock but I got him to take frozen brine shrimp today. (1'st full day I've had the fish) Let me know your experiences and advice on how to deal with this.
Thanks in advance.

Tyler

BLKTANG
09/26/2005, 02:04 PM
Angles,& Tangs are generally NOT reef safe.

aural
09/26/2005, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by EXPEDITION

Tangs arent reef safe? are you kidding me?

Angels are another story. Most angels at some point will nip at polyps. There are people out there that have never had any issues with certain dworf angles - but from my experience you are taking a risk if you introduce an angel to a reef system.

but tangs not reef safe?? where are you getting this information from? They certainly arent Nano-Reef safe, but if you have a medium to large sized system they arent a problem at all.

Jolio99
09/26/2005, 02:46 PM
Yeah that post was very confusing.

This sucks, I bought this fish at a store 45 min. away and now I probably need to drive it back there. Oh well, now I can get some boring old clown... jk I love clownfish.

BLKTANG
09/26/2005, 02:46 PM
I wasent saying that its ok to stuff a tang in a nano,i was stating in general,here is a likk where i get my info.
http://www.liveaquaria.com/general/compatibility_chart.cfm

calvin415
09/26/2005, 04:40 PM
I wasent saying that its ok to stuff a tang in a nano,i was stating in general,here is a likk where i get my info.
http://www.liveaquaria.com/general/compatibility_chart.cfm

Well Tangs are definately reef safe and even according to this chart they are reef safe so I'm not sure what you were looking at...

BLKTANG
09/26/2005, 05:09 PM

Notice I said, GENERALLY,& if you looked at the chart right, it says Caution with corals,that's all im sayin.I don't know from experience,my knowledge is purely theoretical.

reef_dude76
09/26/2005, 06:46 PM
Expedition: I suggest you look at the chart again and line the crosshairs up on the surgeon/tang line and corals. You will find a big Y stating they are compatable and REEF safe.

BLKTANG
09/26/2005, 06:55 PM
I agree with you ,but were we not refering to a Lemonpeel Angel.
I could be wrong.

reef_dude76
09/26/2005, 07:47 PM
Lemonpeel angel - likely not reef safe according to your chart link.

Tangs - reef safe according to your chart link.

TealCobra
09/28/2005, 07:40 AM
No offense but I would do a little more research on the needs/compatibility of animals (corals, fish, and such) beyond the recommendations of an online vendor.

calvin415
09/28/2005, 11:38 AM
I agree with you ,but were we not refering to a Lemonpeel Angel.
I could be wrong.

Yes, the question has always been about Lemonpeel Angles... But in your first reply, you brought up Tangs and stated the are not reef safe. All other posts have been to advise Tangs are reef safe in response to your comment.

As for the original question about angels, other than the few reef-safe angels (wannabe, belus, etc...) they are hit and miss and pose some risk if not immediately, they will as they mature.

BLKTANG
09/28/2005, 12:01 PM
So,Sorry please forgive me.

calvin415
09/28/2005, 03:06 PM
There's nothing to forgive, I'm not trying to bash I'm just trying to clarify. :)