PDA

View Full Version : Tank Question

Reefdiver77
09/25/2005, 11:04 PM
I am wanting to set up another tank. I have a 29 gallon I used as a quarentine tank when my fish had ich. I used copper in it. Will I ever be able to used it as anything again except a quarentine tank. I was in a major hurry when I set it up, as the fish came down with the ich the day before I left for a 2 week vacation. I just grabbed what I had and bought a hang on back filter, heater, spare powerhead, etc. I have a 7 gallon I will use in the future for quarentine. Just wondering if I can use the 29 for a new reef tank? TIA.

bshumake
09/26/2005, 06:07 AM
Now I know that everyone has their own opinion on this but I speak from experience when I say that your tank is safe to use. Make sure that you wash it out well. People are constantly saying that copper will never come out of a tank once its in there but I treated my FOWLR with copper and transfered all of the substrate and rock into my 130Reef and have never had any ill effects. And I treated with theraputic Cu+ levels for months! Just make sure that you clean it out like you would any tank and If you want to be sure I'll lend you my Cu+ test kit. Just send Nick over to pick it up.

just dave
09/26/2005, 03:11 PM
I agree. Just give it a good cleaning with a bleach and water solution,rinse ,air dry ,and you're good to go.

Reefdiver77
09/26/2005, 09:42 PM
Thanks! And now to get lighting, liverock, sand, sump, on and on!!!