PDA

View Full Version : ornatissimus- can't find it!

cal3v
02/28/2002, 08:20 PM
Hello there. I have had an ornatissimus wrasse in my 55g reef for about 2 months now. Today I cannot find him. He has always come out everyday, but today no. He is not hiding in any rockwork because I checked and he is not. He is also large, 4", so easy to notice. Also, I am sure he did not go carpet surfing. Any idea what happpened to him? No ammonia spike so I am pretty sure he is not dead.

hcs3
02/28/2002, 09:24 PM
halichoeres ornatissimus? or macropharyngodon?

they bury in the sand when they sleep or when they are stressed/frightened.

HTH

henry

acrophoria
02/28/2002, 09:32 PM
mine burried himself for a few days after the move,he is ok now and fatter than ever

cal3v
03/01/2002, 01:22 AM
Halichoeres. It is the oddest thing as he has never stayed under for a whole day before. I hope he will be ok. Thanks guys.

Laura D
03/01/2002, 10:56 AM
Occasionally mine will just disapear for a day, happens about once a month, and it scares the bujeebus out of of me because I have lost wrasses to jumping. I have this tank completly covered, so unless he can morph into the diameter of a pencil, he ain't getting out.

I usually assume one of the cats launched themself at the tank and scared him or something, because he is always out the next day.

cal3v
03/01/2002, 06:43 PM
Thanks for the reassurance mulberry. My wrasse finally came out today. Boy am I relieved.:p

acrophoria
03/01/2002, 06:49 PM
scared me the first time to,glad everythings OK:)