PDA

View Full Version : Free to a good home

Aquariust
02/28/2002, 06:33 PM
Hi all,

No live rock here, sorry;)

Steve I give you first choice, as you may need it for the 200G+:)

But I do have a free 55G tank if someone wants it.

The measurements are 48 long x 12 wide x 20 tall. It has no center brace, but it doesn't need one, bc the glass is 1/2" thick! It's very heavy. It could be drilled with very little worry of cracking. The top plastic frame is melted in a small spot, but nothing terrible.

IMO it would best used as a sump. That's what I was going to use it for, but changed my mind and am now going with something alittle smaller, my stand is only so big.

I just finished scraping all the old silicone out, cleaning it all with vinegar, rinsed it well, and re applied new silicone. I have filled it to the tippy top, no leaks, no bow. It held water for about 2 weeks, so it isn't gonna pop at the seams.

If Greg is going to give me a lift to Tracey's on the 17th in his Explorer, I can bring it to the meeting for you. You'll have to ask him:) Otherwise you can pick it from my place anytime. I live just outside of Trenton in Hamilton.

bahrhoops
02/28/2002, 07:32 PM
John ,
thanks but I think I'll pass on this one;)
maybe someone else could use it.
btw have you started scrubbing the hair algae off those rocks yet ? :D
I still have to find my wire brush prolly in a box somewhere in the garage

Aquariust
02/28/2002, 09:32 PM
LOL:)

I have a special hair algae cleaning method:

1. Take encrusted piece
2. Put it in my reef on the sand in full view
3. 30 seconds later you can't see the rock anymore bc the 10 hermits I have all jump on:)
4. The next day, the rock is clean
5. Happy Hermits

bahrhoops
03/01/2002, 06:38 PM
what species of hermit attacks your hair algae like that ?
-steve

Aquariust
03/01/2002, 07:14 PM
all red legs, some have gotten pretty large!

Never touched my corals or fish.

Quick story, I used to run a 10G tank with bare bottom and about 15lbs of LR with an LOA 65W over it. Hair Algae was all over the rocks.

Every week or so I'd take a piece out and put it in my reef.

The next day, clean:)

BORECKI
03/02/2002, 09:12 PM
I have a 29 with a siliconed in place UGFP from an old goldfish tank from my fresh water days. And a 33 regular with a hole drilled in one END. Both are sitting in the attic and both need cleaning. The goldfish tank has been treated with maricin (sp?) so the silicone should be scraped out and replaced.
Wana trade?
Boris.

Aquariust
03/02/2002, 10:41 PM
No thanks Boris, thanks for asking. If you want the 55 it's yours!