PDA

View Full Version : AFOWLR in 24 nano?

torchstang05
09/23/2005, 11:56 AM
I just got a 24 nano and I am in college. I will be going home for breaks for atleast a week. I dont know what to do. I was thinking about doing a aggressive tank with a lion and a trigger and then efore i leave for vacation do a nice water change and leave a ton of crabs and little damsels in there. What do you guys think about this idea. i dont know what to do. I et so attached to my tanks and I care about there well doing and I just dont know if i should do a tank or not now!!! I need help!!! Do you guys know of anything that could go with a week and either not eat or eat live food that i could just throw a ton in there before i leave? HELP

Thanks

crzy4reefs
09/23/2005, 01:09 PM
well i'll tell ya off the bat that a 24 is way to small for any trigger, and i don't know how long you could keep a dwarf in there also,

as far as feeding you "may" be able to throw a bunch of salt water ghost shrimp in there

steelhealr
09/23/2005, 02:08 PM
Whew...huge fish to put in that tank. SH

vanmo92
09/23/2005, 05:03 PM
both fish you mentioned could go a week w/o eating (i'm pretty sure). just feed them well before you go.
a small lion and a small triger would do OK in there but it is a little small.

torchstang05
09/23/2005, 06:11 PM
I will be getting them when they are babies, like a inch!! Yes they will outgrow the tank and at that point of time i will have a bigger home for them. But about the food situation what do you guys think? Vanmo you think they would be fine for a week with no food? Do you guys know of any other fish i should do? Thanks