PDA

View Full Version : Trip to Rochester

drtango
02/28/2002, 09:27 AM
Hi all-

I'm a member but have not made a meeting yet.

Going to Victor NY for a swim meet this Sunday--I've been to Caribbean Forest, is Marine Oasis anywhere near Victor and is it worth a side trip?

Thanks
JT

Stoli
02/28/2002, 09:52 AM
Hey Tango:

Unfortunately, Marine Oasis is literally on the opposite side of Rochester from Victor. It is located in Spencerport which is on the far western edge of Monroe County. From Victor, it would be at least half an hour. But, if your going back to Buffalo, you might be able to work in a side trip. It would be a bit out of your way since you would have to go well north of the Thruway, but then again, reefers don't mind inconvenience.

Good luck at the meet.

Let me know if you need directions.

dmorel
02/28/2002, 11:08 AM
Going to Caribean and Marine Oasis in the same day is a good idea if you can manage it.
They highlight my favorite motto:
There is more then one way to do it.

(To all you cs geeks out there, yes I wrote perl scripts for a living for years)

-dm

Playfair
02/28/2002, 11:21 AM
IF you have the time, you're welcome to stop over my place so we can actually meet... I'm about 6 miles from Caribbean Forest.
Just drop a mail or a call and we'll set something up.

Personally, I'd rather visit personal reef tanks than hit the LFS's any day :D

drtango
02/28/2002, 04:46 PM
Thanks Dave--we'll see how long the meet goes. I think my son swims several events in the afternoon--It's also my wife's birthday (29th for about the 15th time) so we might need to hightail home. Sounds like Victor is not close to anything.

Next time you or the group makes a trip to Buffalo, let me know. I really want to meet the group, maybe can host a meeting sometime this summer and we can turn the "cement pond" out back of the house over to the kids. I've got teenagers to amuse the little ones.

JT