PDA

View Full Version : Blennies vs seahorses

India
02/27/2002, 10:40 PM
The 94 gal has 4 seahorses (h. erectus), two tiny pipefish, 2 lawnmower blennies, 2 jawfish, 3 chalk bass, 2 barnacle blennies, 2 greenstripe gobies, a Midas blenny, crabs, shrimp, etc...
I just caught a lawnmower viciously attacking a horse...I was thinking how to get the lawnmowers out of there (and what to do with them), but now I'm wondering if I should put the horses in the 20 gal tall, and the cherub angel, royal gramma and two clown gobies in the big tank with the others...Would the horses be better off in the small species tank...and the others fine together?
Thanks,
India
PS If not, how do I get those Lawnmowers out, and anyone who wants to come to Big Bear is welcome to free fish...

Leopardshark
02/28/2002, 02:53 PM
You´ll probably spend all your life trying to catch that blennie.
I would take the seahorses to a VERY low current tank, catching those horses will take you 3 seconds;)

hcs3
02/28/2002, 06:15 PM
if it were me, i'd setup a 30g or so and move the seahorses and pipefish in there.

what i did was setup a 29g refugium for my main system. the variety of caulerpa and other macros provide a wonderful habitat for the prey of the pipefish, as well as great hitching posts for the seahorses.

HTH

henry