PDA

View Full Version : Pretty cool fish store Finder/mapper

Misfit6669
09/19/2005, 10:23 PM
We are always getting the, "hey I will be in your area, what fish stores will be close to me" post in my old club area (RMRC), which is cool. We always do our part and recommend what we can. Yesterday somebody posted a pretty cool link that allows us to upload fish store info to a map. You type in your zip and see what's in your area. I even did one here in Alaska (99705). I posted it in the lounge but it might do better in the club forums.

Map your fish stores (http://zoyzoy.com/aquarium/aquariumstoresmap.asp?Zip=80110&Size=800)

Hope you like it
Brian

This is from the guy that did this.
Colorado Aquarium Stores and Supplies - Interactive Map
http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=5747519#post5747519

After reading a number of threads asking about stores in the local area, I thought I would make a little contribution to our online community.

I've put together a small application and database to provide information on stores in our area. Its pretty much bare bones right now, but hopefully you will find it useful and possibly contribute to the database.

Initially the application focused on Southern California, but my hope is that it will become a national database for everyone to reference. Colorado, you're the next to use it! If you plan to be in SoCal, check out some stores in our area (about 60 so far).

A few features:
- Each of the points on the map is "clickable" and will reveal additional details like website, email, and telephone contact info.
- Configurable map center (based on a zip code)
- Configurable map size
- Driving directions
- Each map allows for panning in every direction (via click and drag) and zooming (see the controls in the upper left corner).
- ...more to come including store reviews and ratings

I've added one store to get you stared. Please take it from here!

Please have a look and tell me what you think. Bug reports and feature requests are encouraged!

Colorado Map

Cheers!
Jeff

PS. Be good now guys - no OT addresses please!