PDA

View Full Version : Clown Gobies

India
02/26/2002, 02:50 PM
I would like to house two yellow clown gobies with a Cherub pigmy angel, a royal gramma and a bi-color blenny in a 20gal tall tank...I'm used to target feeding...should they do alright with those tankmates?
Alternatively I could put them in my 94 gal seahorse/pipefish tank, but they'd be better seen in the 20, and that's the tank I'm really looking to stock...
Thank you,
India

rlp
02/26/2002, 04:13 PM
Hi. I keep 2 clown gobies in a 30 & 2 in a 37. Clown gobies fight amongst themselves & it only works out when each can find a satisfactory perch not too close to the other one. They like a nicely branched coral to sit in like a sps or sinularia (even a fake one will do). However mine also perch in sarcophytons & just about any coral up in the top regions of the tank. I once quarantined 2 newly-purchased clown gobies in a 20 & one bullied the other so badly I had to put them in main tank right away. Now in both my tanks one goby stays at either end of the tank & it's working out.

I worry that your blennie will bully them as blennies can get extremely aggressive in a small tank. Since grammas tend to stay near the bottom & clown gobies stay near the top, I guess that could work out. I've heard that cherub angels can get snotty towards other fish too. I think a 20 is really too little for all these feisty fish together. My clown gobies are in a passive community of small fish. But any of the tankmates you mentioned could easily bully them, aside from them fighting with each other.

India
02/26/2002, 06:56 PM
What about a Midas Blenny with the bicolor, the little angel and the royal gramma?
Thanks,
India

hcs3
02/26/2002, 11:27 PM
rlp gives good advice :)

more than likely, 2 blennies will fight.

HTH

henry