PDA

View Full Version : Hitchhiker Nudi!

OscarBeast
02/26/2002, 02:03 PM
I have a hitchhiker nudibranch!

Woohoo!

It was on my glass and I had no clue what it was a first, then it started moving down the glass! It is kinda of a greenish little one with 6 spikey things on it (3 sets of 2).

It was really kewl.

It is very small though. I hope nothing tries to eat it!

I tried to take a couple of pictures, but I don't know if they will turn out. He was so small and I don't have a macro lens.

rldavis
02/26/2002, 09:18 PM
You don't have any corals in your tank yet do you? You might want to try to get a picture and post it in Dr. Ron's forum. It's possible that the nudi's came on something that they like to eat.:eek: I don't have a very vast knowledge, but I do seem to remember that they're very specific eaters (picky), therefore difficult to keep alive, so if yours is a good one, it's still good to know what it needs to eat.
Good luck on getting a picture and an id. :)

BTW, you're right, they are cool good or bad. Some of the most beautiful sea creatures IMO.

Becky

OscarBeast
02/27/2002, 06:51 PM
No corals yet. I can't believe he survived the cycle. This guy must be tough. He had to come in on the LR. If so, he has been in my tank around a month I believe. Crazy.

Don Davis
02/27/2002, 07:26 PM
You'll still be finding new stuff that came in on your rock years from now. Especially if you go flashlight diving at night. I think the live rock is the best part about reefs.

Don