PDA

View Full Version : I wanna see pics of gold rim, white cheek and powder brown tangs

A\/enger
02/25/2002, 10:24 PM
Anyone have any good pics of theirs? I am trying to decide which one of the three I want. Right now I'm kinda leaning toward the gold rim.

naesco
02/25/2002, 11:13 PM
If you have a large tank you will be really happy with a powder brown (Whitecheek) tang.
Do not even consider a goldrim tang which is similar but plainer and almost impossible to keep.
For pictures see www.wetwebmedia.com/tangs,.htm (note the comma)

dvtang
02/26/2002, 06:37 PM
I don't think there are 3 types of Powder Brown Tangs. I agree with Naesco and others who say that Goldrim tangs do not do well in captivity. Do a search on the net and there are articles which state their poor health rate in captivity. I currently have a Powder Brown whitecheek and he does great; even feeds from my hand.. So, I would definitely recommend the Whitecheek due to it's demeanor and great color.

DV

A\/enger
02/26/2002, 10:17 PM
Hey, I couldnt get the link to work. Thanx, for the info guys, I was about to buy a gold rim tomorrow. I'll look for a white cheek instead. How come some books have a powder brown and thewn say "also known as: gold rimmed, white cheek...?

hcs3
02/26/2002, 11:23 PM
check fishbase (http://www.fishbase.com) for photos.

HTH

henry

naesco
02/27/2002, 01:50 AM
I fixed it www.wetwebmedia.com/tangs,.htm (note the comma)