PDA

View Full Version : Observations

owsi
09/12/2005, 09:54 AM
Well, really old news, but every so once in awhile I readjust the drip rate on my Calcium Reactor, usualy up, then shortly after the Caps in particular show white edges. They just take off growing like Caluerpa, 1/16" to almost overnight. Then I forget about it till next time. Have on pH controller so the effluent stays same, just drip rate changes. Also, Read about those little grey/white starfish attacking Acro's, never paid it any mind, well now I believe. Over the last month or so saw some of the larger ones (1/4"-1/2") at base of some of my Acro's, where it had encrusted the rock, then started noticeing a receding where the star had been sitting. Started paying closer attention to see if they were just eating dead tissue or causeing reccession. Well I'm convinced, pulled about 20 out this morning. I don't think they will kill a healthy Acro, just little patches at base, about the size of the Starfish. I decided that any scavengeing benefit they had was not worth the damage, personel choice.

ffjpayne
09/13/2005, 11:39 PM
on garf they said that those little starfish eat sps corals.