PDA

View Full Version : Pseudanthias pascalus

cal3v
02/24/2002, 02:16 AM
Has anybody had any experience with this fish? It looks like a tuka but has no yellow lines on the jaws.

hcs3
02/25/2002, 12:26 AM
no personal experience.

most of these species refuse to feed and starve to death. it is not recommended that you attempt to care for this species.

i highly recommend you find a copy of scott michael's "reef fishes vol 1." if has roughly 50 pages on anthias.

HTH

henry

cal3v
02/25/2002, 01:30 AM
Thanks Henry. The lfs has an odd one. There for 4 weeks, every week I visit I ask to feed and it doesn't. But why has his belly not gone concave from lack of food?

Gary Majchrzak
02/25/2002, 01:30 AM
I tried P.tuka.The LFS only received 2 small females.This was not what we ordered,as this fish does better in a harem of 6 or more individuals. P.tuka is supposedly heartier than P.pascalus,and I still lost these fish.Also- they shipped the P.tuka as 'purple queens'- even after we REPEATEDLY stressed to them the difference.May I suggest you try a small group of Bartlett's Anthias -after researching the family as Henry suggested.I now keep Cooper's anthias- stick to the recommendations in Scott Michael's book and you will save a lot of heartbreak.We have a LFS that will have an odd P.pascalus occasionally as well- I have not heard of anyone maintaining these fish locally,so one wonders what becomes of them...:(

cal3v
02/25/2002, 01:34 AM
Yeah, I saw an articlce by him online about anthias and he doesn't recommend this one. I just have to be patient. I passed up a feeding male square because my tank was not ready. Also, the lfs had some squamipinnis that were eating, but I came too late and somebody bought them. Both types of anthias were eating flake or frozen.