PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a 20 gal nano for sale?

janetglon
09/03/2005, 01:48 PM
Hey everyone - I have a 12 gallon Nano that has had the worst light problem.....it eats them.... Seriously, I put new lights in this damn thing every 3 months. I've been looking for a good reason to upgrade and last night the nephew from hell came over here and poured half of my tub of fish food into the tank. It looked like a fish flake blender. It was terrbile. I salvaged my clown and my soft corals, but now I just want to upgrade to a bigger nicer one that has better lights. Does anyone have one for sale???? I'm desperate. If I don't find a 20+ gallon nano, then I'm probably going to go for the 26 gallon bow front that Ocean Arts has for $157. Does anyone have any input on that tank? I need some input, I've been out of this loop for far too long.

Janet

UberNoober
09/05/2005, 01:31 PM
Sorry to hear about that...relatives, cant kill em....but can live without them :) anyway..I was interested in the bowfront as well. Beleive it or not, petco had a good sale on the 26 with stand for $213 i think it was. I ended up going with the standard 29 gallon with stand setup and paid $187. I am really happy with the size. It was an upgrade from my 10 gallon. Helpful hint, when buying your new light, check out hellolights.com, or about the reef had the best prices locally that i found.

You might also check http://www.azfamily.com for a used setup, i have seen some reasonably priced tanks.

Hope that helps a little:) Good luck

joeyf
09/11/2005, 02:41 AM
I was going to get the 26g bow, but I decided against it because of the price, so I too went with a standard 29, and I am happy with it. I second hellolights also. You may want to consider a 150w DE metal halide pendant for your new tank, you would be able to keep a lot of cool stuff with that. I got the 250w DE ocean light from hellolights.com for my tank, but that was taking 2 things into consideration, 1) I wanted to keep some very high light demanding things, and 2) I had future upgrades in mind. I would not suggest a 250w over a 29g unless its just temporary. I have an upgrade to a 36"Lx18"x18" 50g in the planning stages right now.

janetglon
09/11/2005, 03:04 AM
Hey Joey.. I too decided against the 26 gal bow after looking at it because I thought the stands looked like crap. So, I went with a 33 gallon cube that I am absolutely in love with. I'm in the planning stages now of a closed loop system and I have almost all of my supplies. I hope to start drilling either tomorrow, or Monday.... Yeah... I'm soooo pumped. BTW, I have some lights already from hellolights... you're right, they have great deals. I purchased them from a friend and they're kicking butt over my nano right now. They will work fine on the cube. It sounds like you're right in line with us, our next upgrade is a 55 gal acrylic that we already have, but it needs some stand/hood adjustments. Thanks for the post.

joeyf
09/11/2005, 03:10 AM
Cool, I like cubes. I used to have a 48"x18"x13" 50g, but I got sick of the shallow depth, it was all height and length which was not good for scaping, so thats now a FW tank. The acrylic I'm going to get will be so much better. I'm still considering a 36x24x24 90g as well, but it might be a little too much. dunno yet.