PDA

View Full Version : first trip to tropicorium

bigdaddyadam
08/31/2005, 06:16 PM
I was up in Michigan today and stopped at Tropicorium. I have to say I was kind of disappointed. Yes it was large. They were very accomidating about the fact that I wanted to check it out even though they weren't really business hours, speaking of which why are they only open on Fri, Sat, Sun?

But generally, they had a lot of corals, but lots of the same stuff, not much LPS at all. The tanks are viewed from the top so it's hard to see what's in them, and you can't really tell if they are colorful or not. Also no prices anywhere, I had to ask about everything, like I was at a car lot. It seemed like a great place to go if you wanted to really stock up on a lot of stuff cheap, but not the right environment to pick around and find that extra pretty coral you are looking for. That said I bought a few frags but I would rather be able to get a better look at what I am getting in a less cramped environment.

bigbenji
09/01/2005, 12:10 AM
cramped? Try taking 3 kids in there with you. lol

bigdaddyadam
09/01/2005, 07:54 AM
not to mention I am glad that I took a CLOSE look at the frags I got there, I found three unknown snails, and they will remain unknown as they are gone now :) as well as a LOT of isopods, also removed since I have seen pics of these things attacking fish before