PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for a great meeting!

golfsuper
02/22/2002, 12:29 PM
Hi all,

Just wanted to write a quick note to thank all of you who made the meeting last night. After deciding that competing with the singer at Moxie Java wasn't going to work, we relocated to the new location at my office on the corner of Overland & Orchard. We had 26 attend the meeting and Kim Gross gave a great talk on filtration. The question and answer period after the presentation was actually quite valuable to me (and I hope others). Next month's meeting will again be at 1626 So. Orchard (right behind Raedeens restaurant) but we will move back to the second Thursday of the month at 7:00 p.m. With a little more structure to the meeting, I think we got the club back on track. See you next month.

Kevin
aka golfsuper

p.s. send me your meeting and newsletter ideas.

jurisnipper
02/22/2002, 03:19 PM
Great job on putting together and moderating the meeting!

A topics I would like to see presented sometime is "how-to" propagate coral.

reefskinner
02/22/2002, 08:16 PM
Great meeting!!!!

Shawn

BraveHeart
02/23/2002, 01:13 AM
Ditto, Mr. Moderator -- you did a great job!!!

You too, Mr. G.

deucejimmo
02/23/2002, 04:57 PM
Very good meeeting , things went very smooth i really enjoyed it. The move was not an issue thanks to the singer which was actually a stroke of luck.I talked to a lady who has kept marine fish for 60 years the other day she is from floridia and is new to the area she was and is a member of a florida saltwater club and is really exited about coming to our meetings. She also said shewould like to help us in any way she can. Her daughter is also moving to boise and is bringing her 300 gal. tank with her.

incuboy
02/24/2002, 06:32 PM
I was rather surprised to see quite so many people...and sad that I was unable to stay long at the meeting. Thanks for welcoming me though.

I have a couple of questions-- Jens saltwater...where is it? What is the phone number? I have not been able to track info down on it as the web page gives incorrect phone info (so does the yellow pages) and don't want to drive out there without knowing if it is still in the same location listed nor knowing it's hours.

Second-- I want to start trying acropora in my tank, but I don't know what kinds or where to get them. Advice? Looking for color mainly...and I have over 5 watts/gallon lighting so I should be ok.

Third! :) Is there a web site that reflects things like peoples tanks, a trading post, etc...? I'm a network engineer at good old Micron so I would be willing to help in this regard.

And lastly, I have some fairly large corals that I need to hack down to size, but know nothing about doing this. Nor do I know what to do with the pieces when I DO get them divided.... so...

yeah.

Thanks!

Kaden

kgross
02/25/2002, 05:21 AM
Kaden,

Jen's is still around even though many a couple of stores are saying we are out of business. I don't want to say much more about it on here, people will complain that I am soliciting again. I sent you a PM with more info.

On the other stuff, I have also setup a message board on our site for the use of the club in trades etc. I don't know if any body wants to use it but it is there. I have told the club that it can use my web site for anything needed to support the club I only have a couple of gigs of free space on the website but htat should be plunty of space.

Kim

incuboy
02/25/2002, 01:49 PM
ha ha! ok, I'm a dork. I have my machine disabled for incoming pvt messages so I didn't get the one you sent. I get too many from all over so I turned it off.

Can you email me? kdsinclair@micron.com

thank you!

K

Idaho Bob
02/28/2002, 02:57 PM
I wanted to join those thanking Kevin for a nice job of moderating the Feb meeting. Thank you very much. Could we go to visit members tanks in future meetings? How about do business from 7-8, and visit a members tank from 8-9, roughly? The question and answer session was very helpful for me, thanks!

Bob Shaver
Idaho Bob

golfsuper
02/28/2002, 06:30 PM
Hi Bob,

Thanks for the kind words, the meetings should just get better with everyone participating like they did during the Q & A period. I agree, that section of the meeting will be very valuable to everyone. As far as the tank tours, you bet! We are having a planning meeting and will discuss where to go for next month's tour, but it will definitely be an important part of the itinerary. Scheduling was a bit off at this month's meeting with the mid-meeting move and all, but the tank visit is something we hear from everyone. Thanks for your input.

Kevin