PDA

View Full Version : Katrina just about took new member out

Jecco
08/30/2005, 01:38 PM
Hey all, just joined a couple of days ago. Katrina just about took me out of the reef hobby. Still without power, however I think I found the only generator in Memphis. The only thing I was concerned about getting on was the tank. The good news is it's up and running, the bad news is it might cost me a fortune in gas to keep it running. I think it's definitely worth the investment into a generator with these tanks. As soon as the stores are restocked I believe I'll go get one and quit worrying about future power failures.

Rendos
08/30/2005, 03:22 PM
Since this started, I have wondered how many tanks would be affected. Don't get me wrong...the peoples safety was first and foremost, but being in this hobby...you can't help but think about the loss of corals, fish, etc. I also think about all the other animals affected by natural disasters, but that is the way nature works.

I do recommend that everyone have a generator for things like this, and especially in our area...tornadoes.
I am glad to hear that you and yours are doing well. Maybe after everything is said and done, we can send some frags to our fellow hobbyists in LA, MS, and AL.