PDA

View Full Version : Snorkeling in Cozumel

Marvin
02/21/2002, 10:26 AM
I might have the opportunity to go the the western Caribbean March 3rd. Has anyone snorkeled at Villablanca Reef. I am thinking about going here any info would be great.

Michael

Mike & Donna
02/23/2002, 08:42 AM
We dove Cozumel a couple of years ago. It was spectacular....ledges, swim thrus, walls, dolphins, etc., etc. The wall diving is a very fast drift dive...currents 3-4 knots....not for the timid or new divers.

We didn't dive the Villablanca Reef, so I'm not sure what the snorkeling will be like. But, in general, there was a fair amount of reef life in Cozumel. So, assuming it's shallow enough and no current, I would expect that you would have an enjoyable experience.

The operators in Cozumel span the gamut, from very reputatable and safe to the other end of the spectrum. Be sure to do a little research. (Rodale's is a pretty good source.)

Have fun! :D

G-money
03/01/2002, 04:31 PM
The two snorkeling sites in Coz that I like best are Dzul-Ha and the shore in front of Plaza Las Glorias. Both these places are free (as of last year). Chankanaab is OK if you haven't been there, but the real scenery there is above the water and it costs like 8 bucks or so per person...

If you have any desire to SCUBA, I highly recommend it in Coz. The drift diving is quite an experience.