PDA

View Full Version : new tank status

yaktop
02/20/2002, 10:17 PM
here's my new 125. still waiting to add water but getting closer.

yaktop
02/20/2002, 10:19 PM
here's the backend. theres a 120 sump/refugium directly below. waiting for my MH VHO retro units, a little plumbing, salt, $$$, and away we go. thanks for all the advise along the way.

Vilas
02/20/2002, 10:35 PM
Wow, you did a great job with that! I can't imagine how great it'll look when everything's in it! Now, if only my fiance would be as considerate as your wife in letting me build something that great into our place..hee hee hee... :)

ScavDog
02/20/2002, 11:12 PM
It looks awesome! Congrats on a job well done. Can't wait to see the pics when it is fully stocked.:D

moe_k
02/20/2002, 11:31 PM
Wow! That looks awesome.
I am soooo jealous.

Pyrojon
02/21/2002, 09:09 AM
Nice job!

Might as well just rename that room to "fish room" cuz it's never going to be a pantry again. ;)

tstone
02/21/2002, 05:27 PM
Holly Molly:cool: I remember telling you your wife will never let you do it. I guess I was wrong. Where did you get her? Are there any more?:D Great job! It is going to be very nice:thumbsup:

yaktop
02/21/2002, 09:37 PM
Thanks guys. did you seen the six inch vent in the back of the pantry? its gonna take the heat and divert it to the cellar in winter and outdoors in summer. it appears everyone is thanking the wife - you do realize it took alot of :rolleyes: :rollface: :mixed: :uzi: :hammer: to get this done. lol

BTW, I'm still waiting for the eek2: :mad2: :hmm4: :furious: :blown: once she realizes the $$$ I'm spending.

It must be :love1:

I must sacrifice. :beer: :dance: :fish1: :fish2: :lol: :lol:

reefrancher
02/21/2002, 10:41 PM
Whatever magic you worked on your wife you should bottle and sell. I'd buy!

I showed your pics to my gal and she thought it was nice. There's hope for me yet...

Steve

yaktop
02/22/2002, 07:55 PM
called 27 years of marriage. great relationship and understanding of each other. BTW, she has a very simple philosophy - if I run out of money to pay bills, 'I'm' screwed. :)

pez
02/23/2002, 10:46 AM
You don't have a lot of room behind the tank. Are you planning on having all the equipment in the basement?

-Tom

yaktop
02/23/2002, 10:58 AM
still gotta build a shelf above the tank for the ballasts and misc stuff which the light canopy will suspend from. there is a 120 sump/refugium directly below the tank where all the equipment, ro/di, water tank, mixing tank, probes, alarms, skimmer, reactor, heaters etc will be. I'll do all the testing and water changes etc down in the cellar where the wife will probably have me soon anyway. lol. actually not the case life is great.

reefrancher
02/23/2002, 11:31 AM
What probes/alarms are you using?

Steve

Simas
02/23/2002, 11:36 AM
Yaktop:

I still have about 100lbs "live" sand for $100. This stuff is filled with critters! If you could take the water, you'd be 85-90% cycled. How long before you add water? I can wait for ya a little longer, but my wife needs this tank out of the living room.

p.s. I'll throw in some plumbing stuff you might need.

Vic Simas

617-650-6757

or vksimas@attbi.com

yaktop
02/23/2002, 01:33 PM
Im not gonna transport 25 5gal buckets of water to make this happen. I'd like to grab some of the LS and had gottne some of the LR. But its not as easy just recirculating it in a tub and feeding is it? no skimmer ready etc ready.

I'm always late for good deals. Hoping people in the Boston area will help me seed and get this thing going for me.

thx Vic, but its not gonna happen and I'm not gonna give you false promises. :sad2:

yaktop
02/23/2002, 01:37 PM
Reefrancher, no probes yet but did DIY low and high water level alarms to shut off the pumps. along with an auto top off from www.livinglava.com - researching DIY test probes and 'think' I found a decent site, but havent dived into it yet. looking for an auto water exchange syste, anybody got ideas. I need this thing somewhat automatic since I'm a busy dude and travel alot on occasion. need to make it easy on my reef sitter (wife). lol

Marco67
02/28/2002, 09:16 PM
NICE !
But quit your stalling and Take over that pantry.
Clean off the shelves and move in the goods!

:D :D :beer: