PDA

View Full Version : Jack's Aquarium & Pets Coming

Dubbin1
08/23/2005, 04:46 PM
I stopped into Jack's Aquarium & Pets in Bellefontaine today and was told that they will be opening one here in Findlay next year.

ohioreef
08/23/2005, 06:04 PM
Down in my neck of the woods!!!

Dubbin1
08/23/2005, 07:06 PM
We went to Gerber’s in Dayton (that place is a hole) and then shot up 68 back to Findlay when Jack's snuck up on us. Really we had no idea they had one there. I was very impressed with the people working there (very nice). It sure will be nice having one here in town. Anyway we were very disappointed in Gerber's. Some of their fish prices were good but their new and used equipment prices had me rolling as well as their $8.99lb LR. Sure its nice looking stuff but no LR is worth $8.99 lb. The place is super dirty and has crap laying all over the floor that you have to step over to get around.

ohioreef
08/23/2005, 07:15 PM
Gerber's has always been like that. I've bought a couple fish from there, I get buy one/get one coupons now and then. :)

The Jack's in Bellefontaine is a nice one. The one in Sidney is pretty decent as well, for a Jack's anyway.

Bcollins111900
08/23/2005, 07:37 PM
Just order from www.petsolutions.com Jack's wholesaler (much cheaper also).

ohioreef
08/23/2005, 07:48 PM
They are owned by Jack's or vice versa, I believe.

Andrew
08/23/2005, 09:22 PM
Gerbers is over priced. Hopefully carson will be able to get me some coupons. They just need to fix the problem with their water on the floor and get an AC unit in there. I wish that they would build a Jacks in Lima. It would be a good location cause they wouldn't have compition. ( PSP has sw but i don't go their unless i want fish with ich ;) ) Im going to try to get a job at the pet store by my house. They don't have saltwaterfish but they have freshwater.