PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on ReefScience

Ananda
02/20/2002, 10:01 AM
ReefScience had a 265g show tank & stand for sale in California. I emailed him and worked out a sale: after he lowered his starting price to $750, I offered $1000 if he could store it until we moved to California in about 6 months. He said he could, since he already had storage space available. I sent the check on 1/25. We've had mail from CA take up to a week to get here, so on 2/7 I emailed him to see if he'd received the check. I didn't get a response until 2/13. And his response was that he was returning the check, since "other plans" came up for the tank.

To say that I am disappointed would be an understatement.

Daveyboi
02/21/2002, 12:10 AM
What a very sad thing to happen to a person......:(
Thanks for giving us a heads up on what kind of person this person really is......:)

:D
Dave

pnosko
02/21/2002, 01:16 AM
I'm no lawyer, but I do know that if an offer is made and not withdrawn before it is accepted, it is legally binding, even if it's verbal. You have emails as proof of the offer, and if your check is returned, you have evidence (the return envelope) that the payment was received.

Maybe some of the lawyers here will chime in.

6x2x2
02/23/2002, 04:46 AM
Below is his reply to my inquiry when he first tried to sell the tank. Sound like full of BS to me.

------------------

Before I go into details about the tank. Im asking $2500 for everything. The tank alone cost me $4,440 dollars. I have receipts for everything. The reason why the cost is so high is due to the fact that when you go higher than the standard 24 inches height limit, your spending alot more money. The tank is 29 inches tall. Also, no other acrylic company in the world offers a lifetime warranty on their tanks. Clear4life does. The tank was reef for 9 months. I decided to go smaller. All plumbing, bulheads, and basic parts are included. NO OTHER EQUIPMENT AVAILABLE. If your shopping for the best tank, hands down the one I have is the one. If I dont sell it it will be sold to a LAS VEGAS Acrylic tank manufacture for the same price of $2500. That was their offer. Or my final option EBAY. The price is beyond cheap for the setup. The Canopy alone cost $650.00 to make because of all the wood and exact dimensions. To be honest, you couldnt get this setup without spending $7,000. I am very serious about what I buy so I decided to go big and the best.

If you feel the price is too high, then it'd be best to look elsewhere. This hobby costs major cash, but If your interested your more than welcome to come down. But that's the best I can do in terms of pricing. I already lost alot of money in the setup and I have alot of other things, such as business to attend to.

-----------------------