PDA

View Full Version : Well I made my decision - Trigger or Reef...

VDHD
02/19/2002, 10:58 PM
I have a 92 Gallon Corner, and I just received my new "Silent Sump". I have around 175 pounds of LR that's finished cycling and Coraline is coming on strong.

I went to the LFS and bought a small Clown Trigger that they had. I love these fish.. I've had one before and I just loved it.. As much as Corals are nice to look at, nothing beats the constant "GO GO GO" of a Clown Trigger.. It's one of the nicest fish you can get.

I think I'll get a Dwarf Lion next - Something with really nice colours.

FMarini
02/19/2002, 11:27 PM
Hi:
dwarf lions and lionfish are known as clown trigger playtoys, or clown trigger food. When the trigger is small they usually leave the lions alon as soon as the clown get a set of cajones, they will shred the lion
Hopefully others w/ this experience might join in.
I do love clown trigger no doubt....just concerned w/ their compatibility w/ a lion
my opinion

frank

VDHD
02/19/2002, 11:30 PM
Frank, last year I had a clown and a lion in the tank.. The clown was really tame. I ended up giving the lion back to the LFS because he got way too big in my tank.

I hope this clown is nice.. Anyone else have the same experiences?

Wolverine
02/20/2002, 04:00 PM
I've seen many times a clown trigger start to shread lionfish, and not just dwarf lions. There have been some beautiful volitans and radiata lions that have been torn apart by clown triggers. The thing that makes it tough is that sometimes the fish will be together and getting along well for over a year or two, and then something snaps in the clown trigger's head, and he decides the lion is food.

Dave